On a break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a break

So today we have gone on a no talking break. It was my idea but I don't think I want it anymore. Help?

My 2 cents.. Tell him. If you realize that you just don't want that break, maybe deep down, he doesn't either. Call him, text him, email him. Just tell him how you feel

Comment

How long is the break? The first day is the hardest to get through without question.

Give it 2 or 3 more days before you make a decision.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I don't know you or your situation, so I really can't give you personalized advice. :/ But from my experience, unless there was a serious, well thought out reason for it, breaks usually end up doing more damage and cause more unnecessary pain than they are worth. :/ Sleep on it, & if you still are unhappy then just be honest with him.
        Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Talk of a break feels bad to me. Why are you on a talking break? Get to the heart of the matter by talking more not less. If you are comfortable with sharing more about the situation maybe we can help more.

Comment

I think taking a break, really doesn't solve anything all it does is allow the problem to be ignored and repressed until it finally re -emerges. I honestly, think you should sleep on it and try to figure out the root cause about what's wrong, bothering you, causing the situation etc. Trying to compromise is always best, and showing empathy. It may not always be easy (trust me I am so stubborn). Although, if your SO needs to think about the relationship and where it stands I'd give it about 2-3 days tops, before they need to come to a decision this goes for yourself. But best of luck , and I hope it all works out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Čternity View Post
              Talk of a break feels bad to me. Why are you on a talking break? Get to the heart of the matter by talking more not less. If you are comfortable with sharing more about the situation maybe we can help more.
              I agree completely. For me talking=problem solving. Why go on this break?

Comment

Working...
              X