My bf loses his motivation :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bf loses his motivation :-(

I have been with my bf for 1.5 years and more. He changed 3 months later after we met in late May. He told me he was no longer as motivated as before and his feelings to me was declining. He lives in Europe and I live in Asia. In this regards, I move to the UK for postgraduate studies in this September so that our distance will get closer. I was so upset, hurted and deseparated when he told me he lost his interest and force to continue the relationship. I almost collasped before I left for the UK.

I visited him in late September. This was a bad trip. He acted like he didn't care, not even initiated to hold my hands or kiss me. I was suffering from his cold shoulders. I went there to fix the problem, hoping his feelings would come back with my presence. It seemed not work.

We are still in a relationship, but I don't feel the fire. I did a lot for him like visiting him, sending him small gifts and parcels, initiating talks on skype. We used to talk on msn every day, but he finds it boring and not enjoyable (I agree and I propose changes to talk 2-3 times a week). He hides from me from msn and skype and only stay on facebook. We can only chat through facebook. It seems to me that he doesnt want to see me. I miss those days he showed his care to me.

I talked to him. He said I did too much which made him feel bad because he didn't put as much effort as I did. To me, it is unconditional. If I don't put 100% effort, I will regret. I water and take care of this plant everyday, of course, I look for flower. I see him as my potential partner from the very beginning till now, but he changes. He was very determined before. He even put a ring on my left fourth finger, saying no matter how hard it is, we will make it. He also say I am his future. Now, his changes and hesistation confused me. He eats his words and I feel a bit betrayed.

I love him a lot and I don't want to give up. But at the same time, I don't want to be with a person who doesn't love me or show interest in me anymore. It makes no point to force a relationship work. I want mutual love not one sided one. I asked him what he wanted but he said he didn't know. He is like procrasinating and escaping from facing the fact.

He asked me about the future. I answered him that I would find a job in his place and lived together. He asked whether our living style would match and doubted if I could find a job there. He asked so many uncertain questions which no one can guaranteed. What I all know is that this relationship will work if we have the same goal. Although things are uncertain, there are still things that are under our control. If we choose to be together, we can just deal with other problems.

He always asks me what he can do? I have already done all I can to help him. I even told him that sitting there and did nothing would not let the feelings back. I told him I wanted to see him during my birthday. He said he would come because he respected me and that I wanted to see him. But isn't it ridiculous?! He should come to see me because he wants to celebrate the joy with me and he wants to see me. Even though he is coming, I feel like I forced him to do so.

I don't know what attitude I should take to face him. If I ignore him, for sure he will not be motivated. If I keep on treating him passionately, he may feel annoyed (but seriously I can't do that as my mood has already ruined by him). What should I do?!

This is supposed to be a great relationship. His doubts just ruin everything, He is so cruel to me. I am 100% committed and I don't deserve what is happening now. I wonder what have I done wrong.

Can anybody suggest what I should do? What can I do to help him? And I am considering whether to go to his place for a visit in Christmas. Should I go?! Help please. I just cry everyday because of him. He knows that I am sad. I am numb.

I think, as sad as it is, it might just be time to move on. I think he's not man enough to tell you that it's over, but you deserve someone who wants to be with you.
    I'm sorry
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Sweetie, he's giving you every excuse in the book. It's pretty clear he's trying to shrug you off base don his descriptions. Break up with him and free yourself.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Girl you need to give up. He has made it clear he does not be want to be in a relationship with you, but is too cowardly to break it off himself

Dump the loser
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

think that he mite just as well be one of those people who dont stay strong till the end...i mean the beginning sounds wowie strong...and then some time goes on...and he starts like coolin down..well, we all have our ups n downs BUT
          in his case, and that was really clear to see from what u posted about urself, it really came thru SO CLEARLY..
          he is not strong enough to make it! NO MATTER what u do, he is not in the relationship anymore..hes feelings are not there.
          so yeah, i agree with everybody else up here..u gotta let him go AND make space in ur life for a MORE WONDERFUL PERSON TO COME IN UR LIFE remember, love strikes u just when u least expect it!! u will have AMAZING love in ur life YET to come, BELIEVE ME!!
          what happened between u and him, it only made u stronger, u developed a lot emotionally, expressed ur love etc etc etc
          so dont shut urself away from the great love life will be offering to u
          terribly much love for u!!!

Comment

Working...
          X