Meeting her parents in a few weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting her parents in a few weeks

Heh....i am gonna be meeting Denise's parents in a few weeks as well, i am very happy and scared as hell about that i wont lie, they even have taken me under there wing and stuff because they are often asking Denise about me, and wondering if im ok because of my status messages on facebook lately, her mom kept wondering if someone was bothering me and stuff lol her father has given me a little nickname already R2D2 because im short heh, i look forward to meeting them and hoping to get there approval with marrying her, they even are gonna help us out with the christmas dinner all Denise needs to get is the turkey and the rest they are helping out and getting.

Well, that sure sounds like a good start!

I was very nervous before meeting my SO's parents and her sisters, but it turned out perfectly. They helped us out, made dinner for us, we had a BBQ together and they even wanted to take me to the beach when my SO had to work one sunday.

We're really lucky.

Comment

It sounds like you are in for a great time. I've gotten to know Rane's parents a bit online too, and I think that will help RL meeting a whole bunch (although I don't have a clue when my meeting will be!). I am sure you are in for nothing but making wonderful memories during your trip.

Comment

Sounds like they like you already. Just be your fabulous self, and it will seal the deal!

Of course it's nerve-wracking meeting the parents for the first time, and I'm sure they're just as nervous as you. When I first met Penn's mom, I didn't talk for almost the entire lunch, I was so nervous. (She came down to visit a family friend who lived near the city where Penn and I went to college and they took us to lunch.) Everyone's shy at first.

Give yourself a few hours to warm up, of course you're gonna be jet lagged so I'm sure they won't take it personally. But I know they'll like you, if they're already being this kind to you.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

yeah i'll try to be she already warned them i might be a little shy and wont talk to much because thats how i am when i first meet people, and they have thicker accents then Denise especially her dad whos from Glasgow O_o lol this should be an interesting experiance

Comment

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine, they'll expect you to be nervous :P

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Aw, they sound like they love you! Have a blast!

Comment

I'm going to meet my SO's parents in two weeks as well so I can't really help you but I just want to wish you good luck! I'm sure they like you. Why wouldn't they, if you make their daughter so happy?

Comment

Working...
                X