Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice?

Hi all,

My name is Sarah and I am about to see my boyfriend of over two years for the first time in over a year. (Yes, we have spent about half of our relationship apart). I am nervous about seeing him as well as overly excited. Does anyone have any advice on how to relax my nerves for the next week until he is finally here?

Keep busy!!! Do stuff you love to do to keep your mind off his visit. Go out with friends, family. The time will fly if you keep busy.

Comment

Thanks eternity! I am trying to keep focused by getting all my school work out of the way but I find myself with my thoughts wondering to him all day!

Comment

I'd say "Enjoy it!" I love that final downhill roll towards a visit. And the random moments where you love them SO FREAKING MUCH you can't think or speak or be useful. It's nice. It's a bonus of LDR in my opinion. So, wallow in your excitement, then spread it around. People could all use a bit more happy!
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
          I'd say "Enjoy it!" I love that final downhill roll towards a visit. And the random moments where you love them SO FREAKING MUCH you can't think or speak or be useful. It's nice. It's a bonus of LDR in my opinion. So, wallow in your excitement, then spread it around. People could all use a bit more happy!
          I love this advice!! I am totally loving the "downhill roll" towards our visit.
          I have had so much fun dreaming about what we will do and buying stuff for the visit like Christmas decorations and some of his favorite foods.

What you're feeling is normal and exciting so just keep yourself busy but keep thinking about him too!

Comment

Keep busy, and pamper yourself a bit. If you want to do something a little special, maybe get your hair done/massage/mani/pedi. Buy a new outfit or maybe a new set of special undies (wink). Keep your activities rolling, and give yourself some time to daydream and think of some things perhaps you can take him to/do/etc.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I agree with keeping yourself busy and pampering yourself I'm currently getting ready to see my SO in a few days and I love the feeling! I can understand how nervous you are because it's your first visit, but try to keep yourself calm and pamper yourself cause you deserve it!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Comment

I agree, keep busy and treat yourself. There's no need to be nervous, he loves you so everything will go great. Just plan some ideas of what you're going to do and enjoy the excitement of it being so soon =)

Comment

Just enjoy the ride, love. It's going to come sooner than you know. Do what you can to keep busy, pack well, and have a blast.

I'm sort of in the same situation as you--we've been together for two years this Saturday, but have been long-distance for 14 months.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Originally posted by spearlbe View Post
                    Hi all,

My name is Sarah and I am about to see my boyfriend of over two years for the first time in over a year. (Yes, we have spent about half of our relationship apart). I am nervous about seeing him as well as overly excited. Does anyone have any advice on how to relax my nerves for the next week until he is finally here?
                    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i hope you have an awesome time!
                    I'd say try and distract yourself, don't spend hours thinking about it or it'll seem like ages :P I would maybe start a new book, or what are your hobbies? Drawing? Writing? Things like this always help me to calm down. Or get a rubiks cube!!! Honestly, I know they are geek-tastic but I love my rubiks cube, honestly it really sorta calms me down and distracts me haha

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone, it merely has shown that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall. ~ Doug Fetherling

Comment

Hey guys, thanks so much for all your advice! I plan on taking all of it! I will be visiting my local salon soon to get a quick cut and hanging out with friends to distract me from my exciting news!

Comment

I think everyone has given you the best advice of staying busy... so I just want to say... Hope the time goes by fast for you so you can see your SO soon!
                        Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Working...
                        X