Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rough times, how you go along with it?? :-( SORRY ITS VERY LONG!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough times, how you go along with it?? :-( SORRY ITS VERY LONG!!

Hello everyone,

Im new here and first I want to say sorry for my bad english...

Im in a LDR with a New Zealander I met him only 6 weeks after my departure when I was in Australia for studying english.
    We had spend 6 months together and after I had to go back home to Switzerland...saying good bye was the worst thing I have ever experied.

Now Im already 7 months back home, we are sending heaps of messages every day and we talk on the phone at weekends because we cant talk during the week since Im 7 hours ahead...

Now, I want to ask you what are you doing when you miss your boyfriend/girlfriend so much?
    Im sad everyday feel depressed because I cant think about anything but him and I dont feel like going out with my best friend anymore Im not interested in anything...

I feel so much pain in my heart it feels like its going to explode one day...

Please, could you give advice? I woul appreciate it very much!!

I'm in the same situation. My SO is from New Zealand and I live in Germany. We are over 11,500 miles away from each other, so we can only visit like once or twice a year. We also have a 12 hour time difference. We haven't seen each other for 9 months. It's not easy. We try to talk through Skype whenever we get a chance, but my SO only has limited broadband. Overseas texting is also very expensive. We do send emails every single day, but I miss her kisses and her touch so much.

I can't be any help really. I just try to pass the time until we can be together again.

Comment

First, welcome to LFAD.

While my boyfriend is currently visiting, normally we're US/Australia, so I feel your pain. My suggestion is give yourself a chance to be sad, then start making some action plans. Usually we're saddest because we don't know when we're going to see our SO's again. So my suggestion is to figure out when you can visit next, and then put an action plan into that. On top of that, keep busy - give yourself lots of fun activities you enjoy doing. Maybe look for employment so you can save money if you don't have a job - a PT job even will help you save up.

And I think it's important to always frame things about your SO positively. Instead of "I haven't seen them in 6 months" make it "I'm going to be visiting in just 4 months. That's so close." See the difference?

Also, you never mentioned Skype. Have you tried Skype? You can video chat then together - and it's nice getting to see each other!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
        First, welcome to LFAD.

While my boyfriend is currently visiting, normally we're US/Australia, so I feel your pain. My suggestion is give yourself a chance to be sad, then start making some action plans. Usually we're saddest because we don't know when we're going to see our SO's again. So my suggestion is to figure out when you can visit next, and then put an action plan into that. On top of that, keep busy - give yourself lots of fun activities you enjoy doing. Maybe look for employment so you can save money if you don't have a job - a PT job even will help you save up.

And I think it's important to always frame things about your SO positively. Instead of "I haven't seen them in 6 months" make it "I'm going to be visiting in just 4 months. That's so close." See the difference?

Also, you never mentioned Skype. Have you tried Skype? You can video chat then together - and it's nice getting to see each other!
        Wonderful Advice!
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
        X