Heartwarming story with sad implications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heartwarming story with sad implications

So, as many of our members know, LGBT couples who are internationally LD have trouble closing the distance in the USA.

I just thought I'd pass on this story that I read today. It's a LD couple, with one man in the Philippines and the other in Mississippi, USA. (Link) It's a sweet story, but also provides the unfortunate truth about LGBT couples who are trying to close the distance in the US.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

awww hell ya know as much as i love being american, its not fair for those who have same sex partners who cant be together because theres nothing for them to sign up for when they wanna immigrate to be with there partner, i mean the UK has had same sex visa's for a few years now and the world hasent ended with them having it, i wish the laws would change here because it really isnt fair in order to be with Denise i have to move over to where she is, thats the only option for us and im thankful for that option but i wish laws would change in the US, although im glad he's able to go visit him now thats at least something

Comment

That is a heartwarming story, but reading through all the trouble they've been through already, and its not over yet. I wish them the best of luck.
      There is another couple who have a group on facebook of which one of them is facing deportation from the USA:
      https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurMarriage

Comment

Dang. Cmon USA get it together. Love=Love. Let the men be married so he can get his green card and STAY.

Comment

Originally posted by BoogleBee View Post
          That is a heartwarming story, but reading through all the trouble they've been through already, and its not over yet. I wish them the best of luck.
          There is another couple who have a group on facebook of which one of them is facing deportation from the USA:
          https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurMarriage
          im on there page, his hearing is actually the same day as my birthday so hoping thats good luck for them

Comment

There's something not right with the world when things like this are still happening. More people need to become involved in their communities and actually go and vote and try to make a difference... or something. I don't know why things like this are still happening
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

love is love.
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                There's something not right with the world when things like this are still happening. More people need to become involved in their communities and actually go and vote and try to make a difference... or something. I don't know why things like this are still happening
                The problem with that is that a motion needs to be set in place in order for the people to vote on it. And to suggest such a motion is still tantamount to political suicide in the US.

In related news, Ireland passed a law today allowing for LGBT spouses of Irish citizens to be eligible for citizenship.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I'm also a fan of the Save our Marriage couple. It just kills me that the US won't recognize these as legal marriages and unions.

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                    The problem with that is that a motion needs to be set in place in order for the people to vote on it. And to suggest such a motion is still tantamount to political suicide in the US.

In related news, Ireland passed a law today allowing for LGBT spouses of Irish citizens to be eligible for citizenship.
                    thats awesome about Ireland!

Comment

It's time for the US to step up to the plate and allow LGBT couples to have the same rights are heterosexual couples. Stories like this should not still exist in a country like the United States.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                      - A. A. Milne

Comment

I am very worried that the unnamed immigration lawyer will be right about them denying him entry once they find out he is married to an american. That is exactly what happened to my second husband, he was coming back for a quick trip to go with me to a ultrasound when I was having problems with my pregnancy, as soon as they found out he was married to me, the denied him entry and sent him on a return flight to England. The immigration lawyer we called said being married makes him too likely to 'jump' his visa. It didn't matter that he had a job and property and another child with his ex wife in England.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Working...
                        X