No announcement yet.

don't understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, dont blame his parents. They're just concerned. Im sure they're very fond of you, but they're kid is always their first priority. They dont want to see him alienate himself from everything else besides you. Im sure they're thinking more broad terms. First school, then other friends etc. Its reasonable. My parents were concerned too when I spent whole weekends home talking to Kyle when I usually was out every single night with my friends.

They just love him, just like you do, and you all have his best interests at heart.

My advice is to talk to his parents. Understand that it isnt anything personal when it comes to you im sure. Tell them that you aren't trying to distract him from his school, and do whatever you can to make sure that he has study and reasonable sleep time in order to improve his performance. I mean, you dont want him doing bad in school either.
    But yeah, call him mom, maybe conference call with his Dad and explain that you only have the best of intentions with their son and you will do whatever you can to help.

Comment

That's really good advice. It's not like I'm trying to distract him or want him to only think of me. I want the best for him

Comment

Originally posted by littlewinged1 View Post
        That's really good advice. It's not like I'm trying to distract him or want him to only think of me. I want the best for him
        Don't tell me. Tell his parents

Comment

I find it really disturbing how much say his parents still have in his social life. I guess I'm speaking from a different perspective, having grown up in Germany where kids have much more freedom growing up. I really don't think it's any of their business. He's a senior in HS, he'll be going to college next year, so he's basically an adult. Sure, they want him to do well in school, but in your senior year, it's really up to you to decide how much effort you put in your school work.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanieeee View Post
            Don't tell me. Tell his parents
            true

Unfortunately, until next year, she is going to stay this controlling..

Comment

I am a Momma myself. We act strange and do weird stuff. But there always is a reason to why we do what we do and it's not about him keeping something from you hon. But more you may not see when you aren't around. Just trust in his love. I know it has to be hard...but it will all work out.
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
              X