No announcement yet.

Optimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the most part, I am pretty optimisitic about our relationship. We've got a long history together. That being said, I can't predict the future and we're still working out the issues of how to close the distance. We're both pretty stubborn individuals and there's always the fear that we won't be able to find a good compromise and end it. But I don't dwell on that part. I focus on the fact that even though we took a long time to get here, we are here in this relationship. That's good enough most days for me

Comment

There are days I'm afraid if I so much as sneeze I'll lose him (nothing he's done, I'm just a very paranoid person), there are days I wonder if we'll ever get in the same room. But every day I daydream about the moment we see each other, the days we spend together after ending the distance, and none of it seems unreal or untouchable. So I guess despite my off days and my bad thought habits, I am optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
        I have to say that I am "open minded" about my relationship. I don't like to think I'm pessimistic, but rather "realistic". I know that we might not make it, I know that we might not like each other in the end.. hell we might get married, have children, then get a divorce! I just don't know. What I do know is what my feelings are for him now, and that I want to find out if it will work out. We both feel the same way and it makes me happy to know we're on the same boat. I don't want to say forever right now. Let's make it to Tuesday!
        That pretty much sums up where I am at this moment. There are days that I am very optimistic, but other days are a bit harder to keep up the positive energy. I love Jared with all of my heart and he makes me happy That being said, the distance is a huge obstacle that we will eventually have to overcome, and we are not at that point yet, so I just worry about making it to our next trip

Comment

I'm feeling pretty optimistic. SO and I are working out our problems, so things are great!

Comment

I never once felt like this wasn't going to work out, my bad days are usually because I feel really alone being by myself all the time. :P I'm like super-optimistic the rest of the time, though.

Comment

Most of the time, I am pessimistic about everything. It's my SO that's the optimist of the relationship lol I do have my days where I'm just glad we have each other and I think 'It's going to happen, he's going to find a job, we'll be moving soon, living under one roof together and it will be great!' I try to tell myself that when I'm feeling like Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh and I have a raincloud following me around. My birthday is next month and he's going to try to make it up for it. Right now, I'm wishing very hard that he does because every year my birthday is awful because he's not here to celebrate it with me. I can't look too far ahead into the future because that's what discourages me in the first place. I try to take things a day at a time.

Comment

Well, despite the fact that me and my SO have the case of holiday blues were trucking along and being optimistic Right now were just living our unfortunately separate lives and patiently waiting for next summer :3

First Met Online: May 08
                Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSolitary View Post
                  Well, despite the fact that me and my SO have the case of holiday blues were trucking along and being optimistic Right now were just living our unfortunately separate lives and patiently waiting for next summer :3
                  It's really interesting especially for me, I'm actually alot happier than usual because of the holidays, despite the fact we still won't be together for Thanksgiving, Christmas or his birthday (in that order), I guess I just know in my heart that this will be the last holiday season we spend apart, and the season in general this year is just putting me in a fantastic mood and making me feel so much happier where we are right now despite some of the most recent setbacks and issues in the relationship. I guess it's finally setting in for us that neither of us is going anywhere...it's only a matter of time now for that moment to happen when we can finally be together. And that is the main fuel supply thats keeping me and him going.

Comment

Very optimistic. When I'm feeling a little down, I just tell myself that the end is in sight. He will be moving to my city to attend Law School at my university, and we are planning on him moving here in April, so we have so much to look forward to. It helps that we see each other every 4-6 weeks for 2-3 weeks at a time. We just try to stay positive because we know that in the end, it's all worth it.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                    - A. A. Milne

Comment

Even though our future isn't as clear as it could be (we don't know if I'm moving to England for a year or so or if we get married (yikes ♥) and he gets to move here), there's (almost, guess something could go wrong but I don't think so anyway) definitely something happening next summer. Both of us will be finished with school and.. yeah, we can't wait to close the distance and I'm pretty sure it'll happen next summer

We had a pretty rough time about a month ago trying to sort all this moving stuff out, it was reaaaaally frustrating and it didn't look too good back then but I'm a lot more confident now. Things will work out and we get to be together in the end

Comment

Working...
                      X