Upcoming visit-- ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upcoming visit-- ideas?

My SO is coming NEXT TUESDAY for a WEEK. I can barely control myself I am soooo freaking excited!!!

Anyways, last time I went down to visit him he was so awesome. One night he pulled out candles, champagne, and put on "lovin" music. I want to do something special for him too, but that is just soooo not me. I thought it was sooo cute and romantic and perfect, but if I did something like that I'd feel hella cheesy. I mean the types of things I've planned so far are 1. hockey game, 2. going around my hometown (his first time here), 3. going to nearby city with lots of good breweries.

I think it'll be lots of fun, but not real romantic. Should I try to push myself and do something romantic? Or should I stay true to my goofy self and stick with what I got? Any ideas?

I wouldn't force the romance, honestly. Just let it happen. And don't micromanage his entire visit. Sometimes you're going to need a little time for flexibility, in case things take longer than expected or something comes up.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

"Romance" is defined differently for everyone. It doesn't have to be the typical candle lit dinner thing.

I mean, I remember the first night I spent in Canada with Obi, he qued up all "our" songs on his phone and we took an earbud each and just listened to them together while he spooned me. It was romantic, but it wasn't visually so.

Small gestures are as good as big ones. Perhaps you can set a rose or something in a vase with a small love note beside the place he'll be sleeping, and that will suffice for a touch of romance?
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Follow your heart. I am a goofy one myself....
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Be goofy. If you try too hard to be "romantic", it'll probably just feel forced and unnatural. Besides, being goofy is way more awesome. *nods*
          LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
          Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
          Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

I agree just follow your heart. Dont try make things too romantic that it feels unnatural. Just let the good times flooowwwwww =) Have lots of fun

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys!!

Comment

Hmm,
                -Go to a romantic restaurant
                -Watch the sunset
                -Take a walk in a park

I know these don't sound romantic, but when you're in the right mood/setting anything can be romantic

Comment

Hey those are great ideas! We'll have to snuggle up during a sunset since he's used to tropical environments=)

Comment

Working...
                  X