this gets harder each visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this gets harder each visit

i just got home yesterday from visiting eric, and it seems each visit it gets even harder to say goodbye. i thought that it would maybe get easier somehow each time, like maybe we would get used to the feeling but no it definitely gets harder.

after each visit i think this can't possibly get any worse, and then after the following visit it just feels worse.

sometimes i really really hate long distance relationships, and right now i just want to curl up in a ball and cry
    <3
    sigpic

*gives you big giant hugs* I agree with that feeling. I'm sorry hun.

Comment

how long have you guys been LD? i felt this way for a along time but its been over a year now and for me it has gotten alot better! im sure it will for you too
      ...its like it takes time to be okay with distance. though we wont ever be happy with its just adjusted. i hope you feel a little better! hang in there girlie

Comment

((((((hugs)))))) I understand. This week has been extremely hard for me. We all are here for you.
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I understand the feeling. It gets worse for us every time too. I dread every time one of us has to leave.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
          - A. A. Milne

Comment

*big hug* I'm sorry
            LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
            Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
            Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Yeah, I've felt like that too.. but this time was a bit different for us We cried loaaaaaaaads (more than we ever have before) the night before/the day he had to go but we decided (well, he forbad me x)) not to cry on the way to the airport or at the airport and.. we didn't and both of us felt better than normally Yeah, it sucked loads having to drive back alone and go to sleep alone but it was easier somehow.

It hurts.. every time you have to let go of someone you love for however long but until the distance is closed, there's nothing you can do about it. You love him, you can do it, just stay strong and be there for each other

Comment

AW i hate that feeling, just look forward to the next trip!

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
                Started Dating: 10.17.08
                Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
                First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

Comment

You just got back from the trip, and every time you do, the hurt and sadness is fresh and feels worse. We understand that knife of missing your SO.

You're a strong woman though, and I know as much as it hurts you'll be able to pick yourself back up and find the positive again. <3

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I know how you feel. I mean I feel lucky because my SO only lives 200 miles away, so I get to see him more often. I don't feel like we see each other enough, but I can't do anything about it. Every 2-3 weeks will just have to do. When he leaves, or when I leave, I ball my eyes out. I hate it. He just hugs me and kisses my tears. It is really hard, and sometimes I find myself pulling on one of his shirts and crawling into bed to cry. I wish I could say I knew how to make it easier to say goodbye.
                    LFAD Book Reading Challenge: 3/25
                    -Book's finished: Dreamfever, Time Enough For Love, Oceans Apart

-Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, The Shack

Comment

we all have felt that, I say it's ok to let yourself be sad but try to pick youself back up and get to planning a next trip maybe?
                      Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

I understand that feeling....this past visit when I had to leave I was crying more than I had even the first time we had to say goodbye. It's always rough...but long distance relationships arent long distance forever <3

Comment

It's hard, I know what it's like. The best thing you can do is don't think of it as a goodbye, but think of it as i'll see you again or i'll see you soon.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I dunno if this is relevant but I feel that when your SO leaves your home, it's harder.. I felt that when I left him it was hard, but not as bad as for when he left me. He also said the same, he felt awful leaving me and he was upset; but it hurt him more when I left Minnesota. So I think that's what happens to us maybe we're just weird, but *HUUUUGGSS*, listen to sad music , eat junk food, and try to plan your next visit it helps, so the count down can begin.

Comment

Ah man I relate to this. I thought it would get easier but it seems to get harder.

This time has been especially hard and he has been gone a week now. It seems like forever ...

Comment

Working...
                              X