O.o Odd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.o Odd?

So I take an online class at school that's strictly monitored by the state school system, only NC students can register and only through public schools. For one of our early assignments for orientation we had to describe ourselves for our classmates so it would be more like a real class. There was one guy that had a lot of similarities with me as far as interests went, so we were like, hey, you seem cool, let's swap phone numbers and text (like you would do in a real classroom, nothing absurd really). Anyway, we texted off and on for a few weeks and we mutually agreed the other one seemed cool, we'd like to be friends.

Last night he said that we could do that game where you ask a question and the other person answers it, then they ask and you answer, etc, etc. I've played that game with many of my now close friends, so I'm like, sure! Sounds fun. >.> He starts asking questions about me, my life, whatever, just trying to get to know me better, and I do the same. I'm not worried because this program isn't open to everyone so I know he legally must be who he says he is. Plus, he already has my full name, age, and location (thank you North Carolina online classes XD) and he lives a few hours away so I'm not worried about him spreading my business to my friends here, he seems pretty nice anyway.

Anyway... some of his questions are off the wall, but I thought maybe he's just being quirky and can't think of anything better. He has a girlfriend, so when he kind of halfway flirts with me I don't think anything of it, he strikes me as the popular flirty person. I mention my SO and his name in one of my answers, and since LDR is such an interesting concept, he asks how we met, I'm glad to explain. But then he goes, Um... is he last name like -insert something very similar to my SO's last name here-? And I'm like yeah, haha. Why do you ask? Because... Tom, let's say... and I are Facebook friends and he had already told me he had looked at some of my pictures, I figure maybe he's going to end up being another of my immature friends that goes, OMG can I add him on Facebook?!one!? and I'll just tell him I think that's creepy, you don't even know him, please don't. Then he goes, Umm, umm... is he Taoist and really into martial arts? Now I'm just wondering why he's asking these things, which I know you can get off my SO's profile when it's set to public.

So then Tom proceeds to make me this really long story about how my SO was with one of Tom's other friends and the same general thing happened to her too (strange that you say that, Tom, when you only got a very brief description of my situation, since I don't particularly enjoy spilling all the beans for strangers...). And he made a doll of her or something and cut its head off, she ended up running into the woods and "never being the same." A) that sounds like one of those dumb horror stories that people spam and B) I think you got Tao confused with voodoo, bud. But it's really late at this point and I'm already half asleep so I'm pretty freaked. He goes on to say how my SO had cybersex with this girl over webcam (even funnier since he didn't get a webcam until a few weeks ago, at least one that MSN recognized wasn't hooked up to his PC ) and lalala, whatever.

Now I'm pretty much, O.o;;'ing. This is so weird, if any of this is true (and it lines up in places but not all of them) why would my SO waste time talking to me for 6+ months for hours a day when he knows I'm not interested in cybersex or running away to live with him, when I'm the one that encouraged the phone number swap and all? I ask Tom, basically, if he knows so much about him, tell me something you wouldn't know unless you had really talked to him, where does he live? He says where my SO lives (which honestly if you freaking stalked his public Facebook profile, I'm sure you could figure that out...) and says he hopes it's not the same person I'm talking about, it's always possible it could be different people. Notice that he didn't give me anything really personal, like I had asked. <.<

My general conclusion is that Tom is a freakish stalker weirdo, to be frank. He was asking questions that you shouldn't really care, even went as far as to ask about my virginity (O.o why...?) and said he and his girlfriend were probably going to break up soon, mentioned that he thought I was a really sweet and really cute girl. I think that now that he's figured out I'm already with someone, he's trying some weird scheme to push us apart? That's just, well, incredibly creepy.

Honestly I'm not stupid enough to believe someone I've known less than half the time I've know my SO and then freak and totally abandon him because some weirdo tried to lie to me. I guess I've always taken for granted my SO is who he says he is, so this has served the purpose to kind of shake my steadfastness in that aspect, though I certainly don't believe he's a cybersex crazed monster who uses voodoo to inflict emotional and mental damages on his exes. It's also made me fear a little bit of getting stalked by Tom since just because he's definitely 15 and definitely goes to an NC public high school doesn't mean he can't be a stalker.

What do you guys make of this? What do you think I should do?
    Last edited by Veiled_Dreamer; February 14, 2010, 12:22 PM. Reason: Typo and weird wording.

Whoa, creepy! Yeah it sounds like he's making crap up to get you to break up with your man. If I were you I'd just say "well I think you got all this stuff off his facebook" and shame him out. It sounds like he's just being an immature 15 year old boy (have to admit, a lot of them are like this :P) and making up stories. I wouldn't call his behaviour stalking as if your FB is public then it's information in the public domain - this backs up my "keep everything private!!" mantra. lol.

Comment

I don't have any advice as to what to do, but that guy sounds REALLY creepy o.O

Comment

He is either a highly disturbed individual who likes making up stories (which is my first bet) or he has some incredible dirt on your SO (could be possible but highly unlikely). Can't really think of any advice though...maybe change your number if you think he is the crazy stalker type...though I'm not sure how much of a detriment that would be.

Comment

Wow what a creepy dude. I would so call him out on it. I mean you have the right to stalk your SO's facebook, see what info you can gather from it, and if most of the info came from his facebook tell him that. You should also tell him how creepy it is to stalks someone elses facebook to see what you can find out about her so you can make shit up about her SO!

Comment

I don't even know what to type to this.
            Please stop communicating with him, enough said.

...That's... kinda scary. >.<;

Comment

Creep update: he sent me a Valentine's Day e-card.

Um, wow. >.> This has gone from creepy/scary to pitifully hilarious.

Comment

Oh. He's in loooove. lol. what a little weirdo! I bet he's never spoken to a girl before.

Comment

Ah! Creepy, yes! But kind of funny on the outside. I may have laughed. Mainly 'cause you know it's all rubbish and he's a weirdo. Anyway, good luck getting rid of him!

Comment

Some people do anything to get another person!!!

Comment

Creepy and weird, ignore him and talk with your SO.

Comment

Yeeeahhh that's really creepy. o-o; Ignore him and block him on facebook... lol And btw, I think the fact that he is a 15 year old boy probably increases his chances of being a creepy internet stalker. xD

Comment

Working...
                        X