Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Scripting" your first meeting

Hi everyone,

New here, I've been reading the site for a long time now - but this is the first time I've posted anything up!

I've been with a wonderful girl I met online at the other side of the Atlantic for quite some time now, and we've made concrete plans for our first meeting in a couple of months time. She's coming over here to see me in England - it's tremendously exciting!

But has anyone else ever felt like by talking about it and anticipating it so much, they're almost writing a script for their first meeting before it happens? Daydreaming and talking about what we'll do and things we'll say and how we'll feel on the day we finally meet is one of our favourite conversation topics. We've gone almost as far as playing out what'll happen on the day over the phone!

Does anyone else do this, or is it just us being particularly obsessive? I'd love to hear from others who've been in a similar situation - does it all go out of the window on that first day?

No, it's quite normal. My boyfriend and I didn't meet until we'd been going out for about 7 months. We spent lots of time talking about how excited we were, the first thing we thought we'd do, when we thought the first time we'd kiss would be, etc. Everything. ^^ It's fun and exciting.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

It's normal. My SO and I did the same thing! We talked about how we might react, what we might do. How our first kiss and first time might happen. It was so much fun. Got us even more excited!

Comment

I agree. It's perfectly normal.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
        - A. A. Milne

Comment

We talked a lot about it too, but there were small things that the imagination couldn't fill in, and it was so surreal.. so by the time we did it, it didn't feel scripted at all.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We talked about it, then when it happened all the script went out the window.

Comment

I agree with what everyone else has said. It's normal to talk every detail through. It makes you more excited and prepares you mentally for the craziness you're about to embark on. For me and my SO, we talked about it a lot but, like Eternity said, "the script went out the window" as soon as we were finally face to face.
              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

We talked about it all the time.

Comment

We talk about it all the time :3

First Met Online: May 08
                  Became a Couple: 4.11.09
                  First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
                  Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
                  Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

yes this is really normal.. i remember before i met eric for the first time i was imaging how every little thing was going to happen, what i was going to say, and how i was going to look.. i went through everything! of course mostly everything turned out a lot different then i imagined.. but meeting him for the first time for me was like a movie.. it was amazing, and actually a lottt like how i imagined <3
                    <3
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X