Christmas stocking ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas stocking ideas

Ok, so my SO will be coming to visit me for the first time over Christmas break, and will be staying with me and my family [I'm 17 so I still live with my parents] and will be having christmas with us.
    I'd like to give him his own stocking, but I'd have to fill it because my family really knows nothing about him. Any ideas on stuff to fill it with? Try not to go expensive, I don't have much cash, and keep it PG because we're both underage and it will be opened in front of my younger siblings. xD

You could fill it with candy or home made cookies. I'll put small denomination gift cards in them sometimes, for example we have a local ice cream store that sells $5 gift cards, which people always seem to like. Homemade coupons for silly things, like one extra hug, or a day of no bickering, just little things...

Comment

a LFAD. bracelet & a cute note or something you write! little things that remind you of him or you know he likes.

my SO likes monkeys and his car is yellow for his bday one thing i got him was a little yellow monkey its smaller then the palm of my hand it has velcro
      and he hangs it from his rear view mirror. it was like a dollar but it was so significant. he loves it

be original, and homemade things are the best
      I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

Dollar stores are your friend! I would make his favorite sweet and raid the dollar store for items.
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Thanks guys (:

Comment

If you have The Source in the US, they have displays with cool techno gadgets for under $5, under $10 and under $20 stocking fillers. They were my friends this year. In particular, for $5 they have this usb powered light thingie, that lets you know when you have email. So, it'd light up when you contact him and stuff... if he's geeky.

Don't limit yourself to junk food. Fancy teas and other dry products go nicely in stockings. As do socks. Yes, Obi will love those socks I put in his stocking this year >.> Uhm, photo prints are great and cheap if you have a digi camera, funny shaped soap is good, as are "cake towels" - little hand towels that are folded to look like cake. Things relating to his fav sport team are good - like a scarf in team colours.
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I think it's a really sweet idea to give your SO a stocking! Everyone has already listed so many great ideas, all I can think to add is maybe an empty photo album (a small one, like a brag book) that he could fill with photos from his visit once he gets home (you could write something in the inside cover?), if you wear a perfume all the time, put something with that scent on it (or even a tiny container of it... my husband loved this when we were dating and long distance). Some trinkets from your home town? Keychain, pen, just things that will make him think of you when he uses them?

Comment

I have to admit that I am jotting some of these ideas down, more than being helpful! Hee hee! I went to The Source's website and found they had a launchable model rocket on for around $10--I thought that was super cool and he would like it, but can't imagine that that would get through the mail. Alas! I did get some more ideas from looking here--thanks!

What about mini size toiletries, but ones specific to him? E.G. If he stands a lot for work, the peppermint foot cream from The Body Shop is really nice. Toys are kind of cool, too--maybe I'm just a big kid, but a barrel of monkeys or the mini version of those magnetic fish that you catch with the magnetic rod would be pretty awesome to get in a stocking (especially if you two are together and can play it together)! Maybe it's tradition for me, but getting a mandarin orange as an item in the stocking is great.

Comment

Maybe some of his favourite things if they can fit into the stocking. I am sure it would put a smile on his lips to see that you have remembered some random thing that he told you ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Snow View Post
                    Maybe it's tradition for me, but getting a mandarin orange as an item in the stocking is great.
                    Wow. I thought only Obi's family did this. >.> They did it to me my first Christmas here and I was so confused! I'm like "uh, guess they ran out of ideas" and Obi and his sister were so happy about it.... yeah, weirdness.
                    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Snow View Post
                      Maybe it's tradition for me, but getting a mandarin orange as an item in the stocking is great.
                      Haha no my family does this too. But my Mom usually puts a chocolate orange in

Comment

Working...
                      X