Our story..and a thanks to everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our story..and a thanks to everyone!

I wanted to post on this forum because it means so much to my gf Kaylee (aka bluestars). I've never really participated in the forum itself but it's played a big role in my long distance relationship. My gf actively posts and views threads here. By doing this she gets advice, suggestions, and valuable insight about ldr's, which in effect help to improve ours. So, I want to thank everyone who posts here and I hope I can become a more active member on this forum.

We've been dating almost 10 months now. We first met around a year ago online through okcupid. It started off with us talking on okcupid, moved to AIM, then after we both gained the courage, we started talking on the phone. We're both shy people so the way in which we met really helped us both. I was in Louisiana at the time and she was in South Carolina. 2 months after talking regularly over the phone we had the chance to meet for the first time at a concert in North Carolina. We were both shy at first but gradually opened up. By the end of the night I asked her if I could kiss her, and we did. Shortly after I arrived back home in Louisiana I asked her to be my gf.

Over the next 7 months we traveled back in forth to see each other. When we were together we explored places we'd never been before, hiked mountains, met eachother's families and friends, went out to eat, and had all the fun in the world. When we were physically apart, we used webcam, played scattegories over webcam, read books over the phone, had dates at sonic where we'd both order the same dessert and stayed on the phone together while we ate strawberry cream slushes. After graduating this past December I made the move to be closer to Kaylee. In fact, I left the day after graduation. I was a bit scared and in the back of my mind I was hoping I wasn't making the move to be closer too fast. I arrived in early December hoping to get some kind of job, anything I could find.

It's now mid February and I find myself running out of money and having to return home to my old college job in Louisiana to see if I have better luck starting a career there instead. My intentions are to return as soon as I can but I now realize that what might seem hard for us in the meantime might be better for us in the long run. Going back home has probably been one of the hardest decisions i've ever faced. Over the past couple months staying closer to her(approximately 1 hour away) although there has been some stress about the situation we've grown closer as a couple and our relationship has strengthened. We will soon go back to being 12 hours drive in distance away from each other.

Despite all the hardships, every challenge we face is worth it. There will be more challenges in the future, but in the end i'm confident they'll make us stronger because we really love eachother. The past 10 months have been the best of my life.

I wanted to say thanks again for helping our relationship and being so helpful to my gf every time she logs onto this forum.

:o Best Wishes,

Jared

Aw, that's nice (yet unnecessary, because we like giving advice ) of you to thank us! Welcome to the forum! Definitely hope you have time to post more, too. It's the cutest thing ever to actually "see" the couples on here!

PS: I just realized I always knew your name (from her posts), but never knew your gf's real name! LOL

Comment

Nice to have you here! I was in your exact situation about a year and a half ago when I moved to my BF's city and couldn't get a job for 4 months. I had to make the tremendously difficult decision to move back and take my old job back just to survive. It ended up working out much much better and he is moving here now and we both planned it for over a year. Hopefully this time it works out for us! I hope things work out for you guys as well!

Comment

Hey, it's great to see you've finally come out of the shadows. We're here for you too, if you ever need us!

Comment

Nice to hear from you, and your story is really sweet! Welcome to the LFAD forums

Comment

Awww! Bb that was sweet! I love you! <3

Comment

I'm glad you made the effort to come on here! =] Matt hasn't joined yet, but I think he's trying and having problems... Not sure.

Anyway, as pretty much everyone has already said, we're always here to listen. =] Good luck.

Comment

Aww!

Nice to have you here as well, Jared! You two are one freaking cute couple. :P

Comment

Welcome!!! It's nice to have you both here!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Jared! I'm sure you'll find this forum to be a great support for you!

Comment

Aw, this is one of the cutest posts i've seen on this forum, so far and it's your first!
                      good to have you both here now yaay.

Comment

That's such a great post

Welcome to LFAD, Jared
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...