Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally finished his christmas scarf! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally finished his christmas scarf! :)

It took forever, but I finally finished it! It's about 6.5 feet long, about as tall as he is haha
    Since he's coming up North for christmas he won't be very used to the cold weather, so I thought it would be a nice present to keep him warm during the holidays
    What do you guys think?

It's really cute!! I love the colors

Comment

Very nice, I'm sure he'll love it!
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Wow, that looks amazing! Good job, I think he'll definitely love it!

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
        -- Anonymous

Comment

Aww that's sweet!! Cute colors too

I'm making a scarf for my SO, though it's of his football (soccer) club's colors. It's tricky, long but comfortable haha.

I'm sure your hunny will love!!!

Comment

That looks great! I'm sure he'll love it.

Comment

woo! I'm crocheting my love a scarf too!! He is 6'7" and even though his seasons are different from mine (right now he is in Spring and I am in Autumn) he works overnights and its always really cold. Sending it out to him for Christmas too!

GORGEOUS colors by the way.

Comment

Very nice... I wish I could make something like that, but i'm not very good at crocheting.

Comment

Awesome job! I completely don't have the patience for crafty things, but I am sure he'll love it. It's adorable!

Comment

That's so cool! I'm making a dark blue one for my SO, with an edging and then I am knitting in geometric patterns with deep green (squares and rectangles). It's taking me FOREVER and I need to finish it in time for the surface mail deadline on December 8! I'm proud of how it is going, but I see that mine needs to be much, much longer. I'm a novice at knitting and seem to have hit a plateau with how fast I can knit (which isn't very), so I am tempted to get my Mom to help me knit some of it up faster...but then that feels a little dishonest when I wanted it to be all my work. Well, I will keep on plugging with your scarf for inspiration! (and maybe next time I am lurking around on LFAD, I will knit instead).

Comment

i love the scarf!!!! Beautiful!!!! LOVE the colors...
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Snow View Post
                        That's so cool! I'm making a dark blue one for my SO, with an edging and then I am knitting in geometric patterns with deep green (squares and rectangles). It's taking me FOREVER and I need to finish it in time for the surface mail deadline on December 8! I'm proud of how it is going, but I see that mine needs to be much, much longer. I'm a novice at knitting and seem to have hit a plateau with how fast I can knit (which isn't very), so I am tempted to get my Mom to help me knit some of it up faster...but then that feels a little dishonest when I wanted it to be all my work. Well, I will keep on plugging with your scarf for inspiration! (and maybe next time I am lurking around on LFAD, I will knit instead).
                        That sounds really cool! Haha, I'm not good with patterns or anything, I kinda just made the scarf from what I remembered way back in girl scouts 10 years ago >.<
                        If your mom is good at knitting, maybe she could give you some tips for speeding up your pace? What I like to do is listen to an audio book or do my audio chinese lessons while working...or do something that doesn't require visual concentration so you can still focus on your scarf...that way you can do 2 things at once!

Comment

Working...
                        X