I haven't heard his voice in 2 months? :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't heard his voice in 2 months? :'(

My boyfriend of 2 years has been at AF basic since the end of Dec and since then the only communication anyone has heard from him was,
    1. the initial 40 sec phone call (to me) giving the address to mail him
    2. One letter (to me again) about 2 1/2 weeks in (mid jan)
    3. One phone call (his parents) about a week after i received my letter

Nobody has heard from him since? His parents just agree that he's very busy and tired and that he's just too lazy to write us
    I'm personally a little bit down, it sucks not to hear ur SO's voice in 2 months, and he was comforting in his last (and only) letter to me so far. but I guess i'm a little bit upset that he hasn't put in the effort to write me, which i know is selfish but I miss him. Its discouraging, especially since yesterday was valentines and i spent my evening snuggling with the teddy bear he gave me, wearing his T shirt and just writing a letter to him, but i began crying because I knew that when I'd send it off in the morning, I'd open up the mailbox and yet again not receive anything :'(

Oh! That is upsetting! ...It's hard, but try and remember that he's going to be thinking of you and maybe he finds it too difficult to put it into words right now how much he misses you. And he probably is truly busy. Hang in, there!!!

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong (those in Armed Forces LDR's probably will know better than me), but my dad once told me that you only get one call, at the beginning of basic training. Basically in this call, all the recruit can say is that they got to the base all right and all he would be able to receive is letters, and provide the address...or something llike that...but like I said, my knowledge of military protocol is limited to what my dad tells me (and he was in the Army, so this may be completely wrong).

Just remember, every day that goes by is one day closer to you two being together again and one day farther away from your last goodbye. That feeling when you see him again will be one of the most wonderful that the mind can comprehend. Tears of sorrow now will become tears of joy, hopefully sooner rather than later!
      National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Wow... That sounds like it would be really hard. Good luck!!!

Comment

Though my SO is not in the military and I chat with him daily....I know what you mean about not talking, not hearing his voice. In the 5 months he's been gone, we have actually talked on the phone four times, if I remember right. It can be hard, but you are strong enough to cope until he's able to communicate more freely.

As he is in basic, odds are he's so tired by the time his training for the day is done....that the idea of picking up pen and paper just doesn't cross his mind. Odds are that he falls into bed and straight to sleep. Remember this...knowing he is going through preparations for living through hell on earth should help you know that, even though he is probably thinking of you a lot, he just doesn't have the time and/or energy to let you know right now. Each day, however, does bring you closer to him being able to come home before he is assigned a duty station.

Hold on and have faith. If you can make it through this, the two of you can make it through anything life can throw at you. *big hugs* we are here for you....don't loose sight of that!

Comment

I know how tough it is not to hear your SO's voice. I haven't heard mine in...3 months and 1 week exactly counting today. Not being able to talk to him on the phone is driving me insane but still haning in there. Like everyone said each day is a day closer to when you can hear from and see him again.

Comment

Oh that's a shame!!! I hope he gets free time soon and that you are able to comunicate more!

Hugs!!

Comment

Ohh.. i feel for you.
                I don't have a military boyfriend, but i know what it's like to not be able to hear his voice. As Gurl said, you need to remember he does have a lot of things going on... but that doesn't mean he doesn't think about you.
                I am sure he does and his love keeps growing. I am sure he wishes he had the energy and the time and the mood to write you letters. You are always there, close to him, in the back of his mind.
                For some reason, some men don't need to keep in touch constantly, if they made the decision they want to be with you and they know you want to be with them. They think you'll understand.
                And you're strong. You will be fine.

And imagine, how sweet it will be to see him after all these days. Hear his voice and smell him and touch him... it will all make up for now.!

Take care and stay strong!

Oh, also.. even though he's not sending you any, keep on writing him... I'm pretty sure he needs you and you should be happy it's you who he wants the support from

Comment

I suppose, its just so depressing. Its almost as if I'm sending my letters to the middle of nowhere, as if he just completely dissapeared. He'll be back home for a week on March 1st though but tht seems so far away after all the patience I've already given. Its not fair whenever I see other couples taking their SO for granted while i'm left pining after mine every night Ugh. Yay USAF...

Comment

Sometimes that's all it seems a long distance relationship is...patience. But, for all the things that require patience, a long-distance relationship has the biggest payoff...the chance to be in your true love's arms. In times like those, I'm reminded of a song by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers:

"The waiting is the hardest part,
                    Every day, you get one more yard;
                    [But] You take it on faith,
                    You take it to the heart;
                    The waiting is the hardest part."

Every day, you're getting one day closer to seeing him again. It'll be well worth the wait when you see him again, and you'll have that much love (almost three weeks worth) built up, all for him. Just keep the faith, and hope that he gets home to you safely, so you can lavish that three weeks' worth of love on him! :-)
                    National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Yeah sometimes it feels like all you do is wait and wait and wait some more.... But those moments when you're together, they're unforgettable and all the waiting has been so worth it! Keep your chin up, you'll be together sooner than you think

Comment

Originally posted by asianbarbie0917 View Post
                        I suppose, its just so depressing. Its almost as if I'm sending my letters to the middle of nowhere, as if he just completely dissapeared. He'll be back home for a week on March 1st though but tht seems so far away after all the patience I've already given. Its not fair whenever I see other couples taking their SO for granted while i'm left pining after mine every night Ugh. Yay USAF...
                        It may seem that it's the middle of nowhere, but I believe he keeps them all in his heart!
                        Wow. march the 1st. It's only 11 days away! just keep yourself busy during that time... make yourself prettier (you know, all the girly stuff), maybe find some interesting recipes and invite him for a home-made meal when he comes. Make sure he knows what treasure is waiting for him! The time will fly by, i promise.

Waiting is difficult, of course. So it's better if you don't think of it as of waiting... more of doing the things you need to do before you get to see him. Although, it may be hard, because he's the one who went away... i'm sure you'll find a way!

And yes, it's annoying to see other couples, usually not knowing how lucky they are. But hey, think of how many of them would be capable of LDR. and whose love is as strong as yours...!

Comment

Be happy you're going to see him very soon!

Comment

Working...
                          X