Nervous HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous HELP

All day long I have fighting back tears and the sick feeling in my stomach because tomorrow I make the move from my family and friends to be with my SO. Up until 2 days ago I was so excited and couldn't wait for it to get here. All I wanted was to be back in his arms and see his face again but now all I think about is everyone I am leaving behind. I can't stop shaking and I feel like I'm gonna be sick. I have tons to do today and haven't done anything because I feel sooo horrible. At this rate I can see me not getting on that plane, how do I calm myself down? I don't know if I can do this.... Any help???

How long have you looked forward to being with your SO? I think it has been a long time, right? I think that you are finally realising how real this is, something that you have thought about and fantasized about for ages and now that you finally are able to do it.. it's scary. There are so many things that you didnt realise you are going to miss. But this is your time. Your time to start the life that you have always pictured and to start it with your SO.
    Try talking with your SO about your feelings, he will calm you down a lot and make you see how it will be worth it in end.
    You are establisinh your life, and for that to happen we sometimes have to say bye to stuff that we hold dear.

You will still see them. You moving will not make them any less part of your life

Comment

Moving is stressful and can be scary. Change is scary. But try and concentrate on the reasons why you wanted to do this in the first place. Sometimes when I get nervous about moving, I write a list of why I wanted to do it and why I think it will be great and then I carry it around with me and repeat it to myself for a couple of days.

I hope you feel better!

Comment

I agree with what LilSusy said =)

Also, it might help if you and your SO talk about how often you'll be able to visit your family back home and such. Christie and I haven't closed the distance yet, but recently we talked about stuff like that and it made me feel a lot better.

I think you should try and talk to your SO if you can, it might help calm you down.
        Anyway, I'm really happy to hear that you're closing the distance. Best of luck to you

Comment

I agree with the LilSusy. You are finally realizing that what you have wanted for so long is finally happening. I once heard, "The scariest thing in life is to finally see all of your dreams come true." That is such a true statement. It's OK to miss your family and it's certainly completely normal. This is a huge and significant change in your life. But rest assured that you are making the right decision and this is going to be an incredible change, not a bad one. Embrace it. And remember, your family & friends will still be there to love and support you. I wish you both the very best of luck.
          Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

The thing is, you will always miss what you don't have... that's the sucky thing about LDR's, you always have to leave something/someone behind in order to get something/someone you want. That's just the way it is and you can't change it so you have to try and accept it... and make a choice, who do you wanna be with at the end of the day, your family or with your SO?

I hope you'll feel better soon and can calm down - the move will be worth it once you're in his arms again

Comment

*hugs* I would be extremely scared and nervous too! The best advice I have for you is to relax and take deep breaths Try to stay calm and enjoy every second of this!

Comment

I would picture myself in 6m time, content and happy and sending hugs to myself on the day of moving to comfort me. Just how I do it.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice and I have calmed down alot, atleast for now... The next time I write I will be 1200 miles away from home but in my honeys arms. Just talking to him did help so maybe actually being there will help even more. Thanks again... Ending the Distance in less the 24 hrs now...

Comment

Soooooo happy for you!!!!
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X