"Your" Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your" Song

I was reading one of the blog entries on here, and that got me to thinking about "our songs"...the songs that seem to fit perfectly with your relationship.

For me and my girlfriend, there are five songs that could be considered "our song":

The Red Strokes- Garth Brooks (reminds me that without her, my life would just be colorless and flat...and that she brings the joy and color into my life)
    Can't Help Falling In Love- Elvis Presley (reminds me that whatever happens, she will always be the one I'll always fall in love with)
    Can You Feel The Love Tonight- Elton John (reminds me of the rough times our relationship has gone and is going to go through, but we'll make it out the other side, more in love than ever)
    You Are- Jimmy Wayne (reminds me that I love her for her, and that's true love)
    Another First Kiss- They Might Be Giants (reminds me that every single kiss feels like the first time...perfect and full of love)

What about you guys? What do you consider to be the song or songs that fit perfectly with your relationship and why?
    National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

He and I just agreed that "A Little Piece of Heaven" By Avenged Sevenfold (RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan) Just search for the music video on youtube if you don't know the song, it's a little over 8 minutes long. That is all I will say.

Comment

He pretty much made "Everything" by Michael Buble our song... It's lovely and it just fits. We're going through crazy times and he really is my everything!

Comment

The Best Thing by Relient K - the lyrics are straight from our lives lol.

Comment

We don't really have a song, but the closest we've got is Closer by Nine Inch Nails. :P Love that song.

Other songs that remind me of him are Whistle For The Choir by The Fratellis, Hard To Concentrate by Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rape Me by Nirvana. And Jesse really seems to connect The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails to me.

Comment

We were actually talking about this a few hours ago, and these are ours

Give you all the love, by Mishka

Jungle Drum, by Emiliana Torrini (as soon as he heard it he tough of me)

Halo, by Beyonce (it makes me think of him)

Alante Alente, by Omega y su Mambo (this one makes us laugh like crazy, and it's great to dance)

Comment

Oh. I love Jungle Drum and its video!

Well... he made everything by Ryan Adams our song, but I think the closest one is 'Memories of you'.

And yes, its Ryan, not Bryan - many people get that confused.

And my SO's and Ryan's voices are the only ones by far that give me shivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                The Best Thing by Relient K - the lyrics are straight from our lives lol.

Here it is

In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

No song for us! We're not really that romantic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Booooooo!!!!!!

You've got one week to find a song
                    In a relationship with

My Albums:
                    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Can't play that stupid video cause it's not available in my country - living in Finland can be gay sometimes *eyeroll*

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                        Can't play that stupid video cause it's not available in my country - living in Finland can be gay sometimes *eyeroll*

Hmmmm. Comments like that make me think about having second thoughts....
                        In a relationship with

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Our song is... Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden (its in my signature)

We also like:
                          I Knew I Loved You ~ Savage Garden
                          Unbelievable ~ Craig David
                          Here Without You ~ 3 Doors Down
                          Vanilla Twilight ~ Owl City

I dedicated to her:
                          Not Like The Other Girls ~ The Rasmus
                          You're The One ~ Rev Theory
                          You and Me ~ Lifehouse
                          Far Away ~ Nickelback
                          "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                          "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                          "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

I dedicated to her:
                            Not Like The Other Girls ~ The Rasmus
                            You're The One ~ Rev Theory
                            You and Me ~ Lifehouse
                            Far Away ~ Nickelback
                            The Rasmus rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              As our song proves, it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic. It can be anything - like Little Bunny Foo Foo!
                              Last edited by Taija; February 17, 2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X