Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Presents

Hey,

I'm 16 and money is super limited cause I have NO job besides babysitting occasionally, and I just wondering what everyone thinks is a suitable amount to spend on a christmas presents for my boyfriend...

I don't want to get him something awful, I want to get him something he REALLY REALLY loves.

Any opinions?
    Although this distance breaks my heart,
    And it's unbearable when we're apart,
    I know that it will all be fine,
    As my heart is yours,
    And yours is mine.. <3

Well, there's always handmade or combing eBay/etsy for deals. And there's nothing wrong with shopping at cheaper stores or going to antique/junk stores to try and find something as the amount should never matter but the thought behind the gift. I always recommend etsy.com because everything there's handmade and you can find things for cheap there for both genders but if you're on a super budget I'd start local. Just keep in mind what he likes, his hobbies, favorite color, etc.

Comment

Find something that is personal to him, or the two of you as a couple.

For example my SO nickname is Snowflake. This time of year there is so much stuff with snowflakes on I could get a whole array of stuff!

I'm always a big advacater of home made gifts. Collages are always good because even if your not that "creative" it looks amazing and you can use photos of each other, favourite music/films/books etc - whatever is means something to the two of you. Get a frame and it'll look amazing up on the wall.

Old fashioned mix CD's are always good too
      Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

In my opinion, there isn't really any "suitable" amount to spend on a boyfriend for Christmas, especially if you're limited on funds, that would just be unfair! But I'd say $20 is a fine amount (you can get him a Tshirt, figurine, something for his room, etc, for about 20 bucks). There are some Christmases where I could spend $100 on my SO and others where I could barely scrap up $20 worth of gifts for him... but if he loves you, he'll love his gift, no matter what the price tag says.

But you can always make him something special. There are tons of posts throughout the forum about gift ideas and things you can do for your SO. Here's one to get you started: Christmas/Holiday Gifts Suggestions

I hope this helps!
        [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

You could always get a memory stick, they are really cheap these days- I got a 4GB one for 10 pounds sterling which I'm saving for Valentines day, so a smaller one could be even cheaper. You could fill it with photos and music, maybe even record a video or sound clip of yourself.... the possibilities are endless!

Or you could make him a blanket- all you'd need to get is 2 pieces of fleece...If he has a sweet-tooth, you could try making him chocolate's? What kind of things is he interested in?

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X