Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been busy

So I haven't been very active for the past week or so and I'm sorry

I've been mentally busy with work and sorting everything out for Andy to get here. Also my mum and dad told me a few days ago that they're getting a divorce after being married for 28 years so that's been affecting me a lot. I won't get into details but they're not getting along and I have to operate as a spokesman for both which can be quite stressful.

I have been coming here everyday for a few minutes to check up on things but I need a break from everything now so I won't be on much until after Andy's here and we've been to the police and we know what we're gonna do with our lives and future. That alone is enough to stress me out lol.

I hope everyone is well and I'll see you guys soon!
    There's some pictures from my trip to Wales in my albums, go see

Tanja ♥

Hi, Tanja! We've all been missing you and are glad to hear an update from you.

I'm really sorry about your parents. My SO is in a similar position with his parents right now and my parents also have not been getting along well for a long time, though, in some ways I actually favour the idea that they might be happier apart. It's tough to deal with a split like that at any age and feels really strange to realize that our adult role-models make mistakes and change and are more fallible or sympathetic characters than we might have known. My SO makes a good point that he is happy that his parents can pursue other life goals now, even if they are separate goals (e.g. his dad wants to build a sailboat and his mom wants to move back to the Netherlands). So, I think that's a healthier, happier way for him to act as spokesperson (he can help his dad build the boat and go visit his mom or help her with travel plans), than being caught in the relationship aspects (which, really, should have nothing to do with him).

I'm so excited for you and Andy and am definitely going to take a look at your photos! It will be helpful to be able to lean on him when you are together and have more access to talk together and do quality things that aren't stressful, like work or diplomacy.

Comment

Tanja-

Thanks for the update. I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. It can't even imagine how hard that must be to go through, especially on top of all the other stressful things you may have going on in your life.

Stay strong and keep us updated.

ps. love the new pictures

Comment

awww sorry to hear about your parents *huggles* hope everything works itself out

Comment

It's nice to hear from you, but i'm sorry about your parents =/ my parents have been married for 29 years and the past few months they have been talking about getting a divorce and it's really hard to hear *hugs*.

Good luck with everything for you and Andy, i'm sure everything will go just fine

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Wow.. sorry to hear that Tanja, hope you're doing alright with it all ♥

Good luck to you and Andy, I'll have my fingers crossed for you guys

*hugs*

Comment

You're right, sounds like you need a break!

GOOD LUCK! We are all thinking about you both!

Comment

Oh Tanja, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles even in your time of joy. *big hugs and lots of cocoa* We're here for you whenever you're ready and able to chat. ^^

<3!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

*Hugs Tanja* Thanks for keeping us posted. Be thinking good thoughts for you.
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I am really sorry to hear about your parents, I can't imagine how stressful and hard that is for you.

You will soon have Andy to help you out that is exciting! Good luck to you with everything!

Comment

*sending good vibes to Tanja and Andy* it's great to here from you, I'm sorry about your parents We're all here to talk if you need us

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad I always have a place to come to when I feel like I need to talk/vent. LFAD rocks ♥

Comment

Always here for you.......
                          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I'm thinking good thoughts of you and sending a very big hug.

My parents divorced last year after 28 years of marriage. It was awful, but they really are happier now that they are apart.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X