what is love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is love?

we are ALL different, we ALL have different definitions of LOVE. It means something different to each and every one of us. It makes every individual feel different emotions and do different things.. so for this post, im asking YOU.. what is love?
    some people say love is an ability not a feeling some say its the butterflies you get in the pit of your stomach some toss it around like its nothing saying i love you to their friends and anyone they feel comfortable around. but what is love really? and how do you know if your in it? is saying you love someone truly enough to express your feelings? maybe love is friendship on fire? or maybe love is an uncontrollable attraction to someone you identify with. why are certain people attracted to each other like MAGNETS, or maybe there just lucky they found love? was it purely coincidence that you found him or her in the world filled with BILLIONS of people? or was it meant to be and you were made for each other? you know... there is always going to be that one person that thinks your SO amazing. even if the whole world disagrees. everyones love story is different.. but yet at the same time WE all share something in common, the invincible feeling that nothing could ever go wrong with THAT person and all you need is THEIR love. that NO ONE ELSE matters as long as you have him or her. is so complicated, but at the same time so simply beautiful... love... define it yourself
    nobodys answer is right or wrong ♥

To me love is a crazy unexplainable feeling. It can bring out the best or the worst in people. its a feeling that doesn't even need to be said. but you just know it's there. Its communication, sharing, trust, happiness, and so much more all squeezed into a four letter word. Its knowing you always have someone to turn to, for better or for worse. All nonsense pushed aside.. AND THERE THEY ARE. it;s an addiction, like a drug. I always long for more.. its the smile always on my face, the adrenaline rushing through me, its my future. its my life its me its him its US.
    Last edited by ber6810; December 4, 2010, 09:41 AM.
    I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Baby, Don't hurt me, Don't hurt me 'no more..

Sry I had to
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

haha i had to think why you posted that! then i started to sing
      I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

Aww Rugger stole what I was going to do!

Love, in my definition, is rather like a disorder or a disease. It is genetic as we are all born with the ability to love (even if your expression of it's rather sordid) and without supplements of affection, romance, the works in either tiny or huge doses we can get side effects of the worst kind. But with those 'pills' from another person, we can thrive and go beyond what we thought were our natural limitations yet at the same time we can relapse when there's an adjustment or it's taken away for some time, etc. Some people even harbor addictions to it. In the end it's something we cannot live without no matter how hard we try because it's essential to our well-being and our lives, even if it can ruin our sanity at some points.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post

Love, in my definition, is rather like a disorder or a disease.

In the end it's something we cannot live without no matter how hard we try because it's essential to our well-being and our lives, even if it can ruin our sanity at some points.
          SOOOOO TRUE. i love your definition.

Comment

my definition of it is when you cant even say how much you love that person, there are no words to describe what you feel for that person a simple "i love you" is never enough you can say it a few million times and it will never be enough. describing how much you love that person to someone else is so hard to do because your love for them is endless so its impossible to explain. When you know deep down in your heart that you are meant to be with that person and you know this person is your one true soulmate that is hard to find and only comes once in your life, you just know and no matter what arguement you have, what obstacle stands in your way, ect if you can work through it together then thats what true love is and like i said it only comes once in your lifetime, and im glad i was paying attention when it did

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
              my definition of it is when you cant even say how much you love that person, there are no words to describe what you feel for that person a simple "i love you" is never enough you can say it a few million times and it will never be enough. describing how much you love that person to someone else is so hard to do because your love for them is endless so its impossible to explain. When you know deep down in your heart that you are meant to be with that person and you know this person is your one true soulmate that is hard to find and only comes once in your life, you just know and no matter what arguement you have, what obstacle stands in your way, ect if you can work through it together then thats what true love is
              This.
              LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
              Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
              Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                my definition of it is when you cant even say how much you love that person, there are no words to describe what you feel for that person a simple "i love you" is never enough you can say it a few million times and it will never be enough. describing how much you love that person to someone else is so hard to do because your love for them is endless so its impossible to explain. When you know deep down in your heart that you are meant to be with that person and you know this person is your one true soulmate that is hard to find and only comes once in your life, you just know and no matter what arguement you have, what obstacle stands in your way, ect if you can work through it together then thats what true love is and like i said it only comes once in your lifetime, and im glad i was paying attention when it did
                i must admit! i agree with this one, mama ^_^ at least this one is like identicle to my deffinition. :]

P.S. imma terrible speller.
                Be surcharged with peace and joy, And scatter them wherever you are And wherever you go. Be a blazing fire of truth, Be a beauteous blossom of love And be a soothing balm of peace...sigpic

Comment

haha something I told my SO the other day

"I love you and all.... but sometimes I have a huge urge to take that tie and turn it into a noose and hang you with it... but I love you, so I don't... thats what love is... having the urge to hurt you but knowing I would miss you a little too much so therefore I don't actually do it... I just kinda think about it for a second..."

we laughed about it for a little while. I wasn't mad at him or anything it was just that sudden urge to do that... He is a suit and tie sort of guy and I'm a sweats and HUUUUUGE shirt type girl... We are sooo opposite but so made for each other

<#

woo look ^^ a waffle heart!

Comment

I agree with Caitlin...I also think love is being willing to sacrifice for them...loving them in spite of flaws. Allowing them to know everything about you good bad and ugly and still loving them...Love is an emotion that is soooo hard to explain but there is nothing stronger or deeper or higher than love when its true :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X