Giving a Gift That Gives Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving a Gift That Gives Back!

It's that time of year again... The end of a school semester, changing weather, figuring out travel plans, and the chaos that is giving gifts... Yes, it's the holidays!

This year, I got everyone on my list, including my SO, a gift that gives back to the world - I symbolically adopted everyone a endangered animal!

Basically, there are two websites:
    Defenders of Wildlife https://secure.defenders.org/site/Ec...4grzq3.app217a
    World Wildlife Fund Gift Center https://www.worldwildlife.org/ogc/in...D8BA78612FD8E6

On each site, you can search by animal or by donation amount. Under each animals there is a description of where and what your donation money will go to. Once you select an animal and amount, you get to fill out a personalized certificate of adoption and gift note. At minimum, the person you adopted the animal for will get a picture of the animal, a fact sheet, the certificate, and your note. If you donate more, other items are included sure as plush animals and picture frames.

I have a lot of fun adopting people's favorite animals for them or adopting animals that remind me of them. I've done this for my family before, and they loved it! They were touched to read my explaination of my animal selection, and to know that we were able to help the greater good in some way. It's also a learning experience, since the fact sheets are included!

Anyways, I hope this is helpful for some of you. Let me know if you have further questions, or even if you just check out my idea.

Happy holidays!

Awesome idea. Love it!

Comment

That is really neat

Comment

Very awesome websites. I'm also a huge fan of Heifer Project International - I often buy animals there as well.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
        X