Disappointed & feeling alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed & feeling alone

Yesterday morning started off so bright.....I was finally going to see my boo after 6 weeks apart (he lives in Chicago & I'm in Nashville). Then he calls.....its snowing in Chicago. I still held out hope that the snow would stop & the roads would clear. About 5pm, I gave up hope. I've been sad & miserable since. He said he was upset too but I can't tell. I haven't talked to him since about 7 last nite although he has texted me. I've been crying off & on since last nite cuz I was so excited & this is a really big letdown to me. I'm not sure if I can handle this disappointment. Thanks for letting me vent!
    Wanting you is easy, missing you is hard!
    Wishing you was with me, wrapped up in my arms!
    Constantly think of you when we're apart.
    I've got the padlock & you have the key to my heart!

aww, i'm sorry hon. ):
    i hope the weather will clear up. try skyping until the roads clear up?
    it could be worse. and things will get better.
    don't let one little speed bump set you off. <3

Comment

Originally posted by kateh View Post
      aww, i'm sorry hon. ):
      i hope the weather will clear up. try skyping until the roads clear up?
      it could be worse. and things will get better.
      don't let one little speed bump set you off. <3
      I agree, I know it's a let down but things will get better. Try to do something to brighten your mood!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but I guess what bothers me is that he doesn't seem to be bothered. I'm going to give him space & go on one of my cleaning sprees. Thanks for your help.

Comment

guys don't really show their emotions often.
          i'm sure he really is upset.
          just try your best to get through this and try again soon?

Comment

Aw hun. A similar thing happened to me last time I went to see my SO. I messed up my flights, missed one and instead of arriving very early evening I didnt get there until gone midnight, after over 24 hours of travelling. I was so upset and alone and tired at the airport and it just seemed that he was angry at me and not caring at all. We had a huge row on the phone before I even got there.

But it was just his way of dealing with the huge disappointment and sadness that we had to wait another 1/2 day.

That might just be it - his way of dealing with it. Call him and ask him to talk it through. Explain how upset and disappointed you are and that you understand if he is too. And then try to look at the positives. When does the weather forecast say it will clear up? Can you find another way of getting there?

As hard as it seems at these lowest points just try really hard to stay positive despite the setbacks.
            Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Aw, I am sorry this happened to you. But at least you're home safe and not driving in the snow. You'll see your SO soon!

Comment

Awwww sweetie. I'm so sorry to hear this. Sometimes Mother Nature can be a real beyatch!

I live in Chicago and it was a NIGHTMARE yesterday. I'm sure he is just as upset as you are, but men always show their emotions differently. I know it sucks right now, but try not to let it upset you too much. Damn snow!
                Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Thank y'all so much!! Still feeling sad but its better. Told him we'll see each other in the spring when the weather clears up.

Comment

Working...
                  X