I'm so sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sad

I've known my SO for 5 months & up until a month ago things were going great.She is suffering from mood swings due to menopause & has now lost interest in me.
    We live about 4000 miles apart in different countries with a three hour time difference.
    At first we would skype for 3-4 hours every night of the week & really enjoyed our time together.We made plans for me to visit her so i applied for my passport & when it arrived last week she couldn't have cared less.Before she was so excited that i was going to visit her & she was organizing some sight seeing tours .hotels etc.
    She even said that i should get a mobile ph & i did so we can text each other during the day and it was great to receive 'Miss you' texts from her.
    Now when she does come on skype there no smiling ,very little talk & she signs off after 15 -30 minutes if that.Also she does not reply to emails or texts.
    I tried to talk to her about 'whats the problem' & she says it's just she is feeling down & has no interest in anything or any body.
    She has no idea how this is affecting me,i'm a nervous wreck from worry.
    I miss her dearly but i fear it's going to end very soon now & shes just using the menopause as an excuse to leave.
    She just won't communicate her feelings & i have to second guess everything & its affecting my health.
    Don't know what to do!!!

So sad

Have you tried communicating your feelings to her about how this is affecting you?

Comment

It sounds like she's depressed. Have you encouraged her to see her physician or ob/gyn?

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Hi,
        Shes on hormone replacement meds but they don't seen to help her moods at all.I have suggested she change doctors but in her country it's not easy to do.
        I am hopeful thought that in time she will be back to normal but time will tell the outcome i guess.

Thanks

Comment

Question - has she talked to her doctor about different types of hormonal therapy? They could make a huge difference in her day to day life.

Keep hanging in there and talking to her. She obviously cares, or she wouldn't be talking to you, it's just hard to make the happy shine through due to her situation.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by triumph View Post
            Hi,
            Shes on hormone replacement meds but they don't seen to help her moods at all.I have suggested she change doctors but in her country it's not easy to do.
            I am hopeful thought that in time she will be back to normal but time will tell the outcome i guess.

Thanks
            Maybe she should consider seeing a therapist then to help.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
            X