I need some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some advice.

My girlfriend and I are both off at college. We are 4 and a half hours away. It could be worse so we don't complain about it too much. So now to my story...
    On saturday morning, my girlfriend had a seizure when she was sleeping. Luckily, her roommate was there to get help. It was weird, because she had never had one before (or so we thought). Turns out she had one this summer while she was still at home (again while she was sleeping) but she didnt realize it cause no one saw or heard it. She woke up with a wet bed, she thought it was weird but didn't think to much of it. She went to the neurologist today and they are pretty sure she has one of two form of epilepsy. I wanna be there to comfort her and hold her but I can't since I am at a different college. Her mom is there and that is helping now. The hardest thing, is that she won't be able to drive for at least 6 months. She is gonna needs rides everywhere. I am going to pick her up after finals next week (not that I wouldn't have anyways). She plays on the softball team at her college. I just hope that it won't affect her being able to play or anything like that. She is a strong girl and I know we will get through this, but it is just such a sudden change. Any advice to help calm me down since I can't be with her now?

Wow, that is scary! You should be happy and lucky that her roommate called for help, and they known the cause for the seizures. Maybe you should find out more about the form of epilepsy that she has. Send her little "care packages" ( i would do that for my SO, but mine is international ) One of my best friends and I always used to send care packages to one another when I moved away to college. It is something sweet, and with flat-rate boxes, it is really not too expensive! I am sure she would love one! Maybe too you can buy her a bus ticket (if there are any between your towns) or train ticket, so she can visit you. Otherwise, just keep your head up, also, you might want to look for a support group for loved ones/caregivers of people with epilepsy... I did that when my mom had a brain tumor, and they, just like this group, are really helpful to your own specific problem. happy holidays!!

Comment

Working...
    X