Coping mechanisms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping mechanisms?

Ok... so according to the facebook groups recent post, there are a few of us who don't get to see our SOs for the holidays... and don't get to see our SOs for an undetermined amount of time...

What is keeping you from breaking down? What is keeping you from crying? What is keeping you holding on and going forward instead or running? Here is a forum post to help those of us who don't get the luxury of seeing our loved ones...

Whats a song that is keeping you happy?
    What about a quote?
    A game that is distracting you from thinking about it?
    What is your main distraction from reality?

POST IT ALL HERE SO WE CAN USE YOUR COPING MECHANISMS AS A WAY TO KEEP US ALL FROM CRYING AND PULLING OUR HAIR OUT AND FREAKING OUT ON EVERYONE!

Well, not that I recommend it, but I've been taking lots of pain medication for back pain, and watching Disney movies.

Disney movies are good when you're down. Usually fun and lighthearted.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I put my LDR into perspective, otherwise I get tunnel vision because it becomes the focus of my life, instead of one part of it. If it is too big of a focus, any set back or unfulfilled expectation is then blown totally out of proportion. I remind myself that I need to be independently happy in my own life and it applies to LD and CD relationships. Focus on other parts of your life you may have not given attention to lately.

When I need to escape I play WoW which at the moment is great because a new expansion is out so I can disappear down that rabbit hole for days on end.

Comment

Just remember that you did have a life before you met your SO....try to get back to those things. Even if he/she was closer, you would still have to take care of your daily obligations.

The funny thing is that my SO will be fairly close to me during the holidays, but he is visiting family. We'll even be in the same time zone for two weeks!

The best thing that is keeping me in the game right now: SO and I were talking about starting now to get into shape for 2011. I teased him about how he'll have to start beating off women with a stick. His response: I'm taken and too old to be a chick magnet

That'll keep me going for a while.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I keep myself busy. If I have too much time to sit around and think, it's not good. That said, I kind of take it to an extreme where I'm TOO busy, which isn't really helping right now.

Otherwise, if I feel like crying I let myself cry. Bottling up emotions is not good, and you feel better once you get it out of your system.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
          -- Anonymous

Comment

I just have the blues and NOTHING is helping.....
            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

When it gets really bad, I put Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here" on repeat, lay in my bed and just cry. It's not the most original or upbeat thing to do, but when I get really down, that's all I wanna do is cry.

Comment

Originally posted by Niecey View Post
                I just have the blues and NOTHING is helping.....
                You're not the only one...

Comment

Working...
                X