Holiday Blues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday Blues.

So, I'm kinda sad right now. I'm not seeing my SO during the holidays this month, I knew it wouldn't happen but I guess today is when it really hit me. It would've been my first time seeing him too if it did happen. Seeing all the posts on and the countdowns till most of you (not all of you) see your SO for the holidays makes me even more sad D: Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the couples that get to see each other during holidays but its like "Aww damn" for me in my heart I know there are others who aren't seeing their SO for the holidays so I'm trying not to whine too much but I just need to let it out On a happy note, I get to Skype again with him today.

First Met Online: May 08
    Became a Couple: 4.11.09
    First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
    Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
    Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

i hear ya! its really kicking me in the butt too. Hang in there

Comment

awww *huggles* do you guys have another date on when you can see each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
        awww *huggles* do you guys have another date on when you can see each other?
        Honestly? No. He's gonna be moving here in June but were not gonna be able to see each other before then I wish we could.

Comment

It's ok to be sad - just give yourself a little time to grieve, then when it's time to let it go, let yourself let it go. I won't be spending Christmas with my SO, and I'll be lucky to talk to him even over that weekend, so I understand your feelings.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I am not seeing my SO for the holidays...and he's even coming this way, we'll be in the same time zone.

I hate the holidays for many reasons - this just adds to it.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I understand your feelings too. I won't spend Christmas with my SO and he has to work on Christmas eve and day so I can't even talk to him.. Makes me sad as well. Don't feel guilty of being sad! Maybe you could talk with him on Skype a little on Christmas day to feel like you are part of his celebration?

Comment

Being one of the many on here not seeing their SO for Christmas, it actually doesn't bother me, but that's because I hate the holiday to begin with. But hey, try to look at the positive. He's moving sometime next year, you can still skype/phone chat/IM/email with him, and even if you're not there physically, you can still tell them 'Merry Christmas' in some form and try to feel like you're together in a way. Probably not much, but it's better than nothing, right?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
                  Being one of the many on here not seeing their SO for Christmas, it actually doesn't bother me, but that's because I hate the holiday to begin with. But hey, try to look at the positive. He's moving sometime next year, you can still skype/phone chat/IM/email with him, and even if you're not there physically, you can still tell them 'Merry Christmas' in some form and try to feel like you're together in a way. Probably not much, but it's better than nothing, right?
                  Yeah

Comment

I won't be spending Christmas with my SO either. Thankfully, he'll be coming back up for my New Years party and to stay a couple more weeks. I just think about next year, when we will begin to spend every holiday together.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                    - A. A. Milne

Comment

I wont be spending the holiday season with my SO either. I wont see him again until March 1st which is 10 and half weeks away. I understand how you feel. Its horrible being away from them especially when this is the season for lots of love and giving. I probably will only speak to him for a little while also due to him having to share his time between his parents and other family members.

Just hang in there. =)

Comment

Won't be with my SO either. But I love Christmas, love my family, and can't wait for my winter break! (I'm a teacher...)

Soooo many things to be thankful for

Comment

I can`t spend our birthdays (which are close to xmas) and Christmas aswell as New Years with my SO either...Its amazing for them who will see each other over the holidays and Im happy for those.
                          But everytime I see the countings and post about in how many days they will see their SOs its like a knife in my heart.
                          But we have to get through all this and Christmas will be over very soon

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSolitary View Post
                            Honestly? No. He's gonna be moving here in June but were not gonna be able to see each other before then I wish we could.

ok... after FB convos... I'm convinced we're in too much of a similar situation... my SO will be travelling here in July for the first time, no date is set and we won't see eachother before then and then... everything else... ah I'm here if you want to whine about it because I can listen and whine about my shitty similar situation too...

Comment

I won't get to spend time with me SO either, because he has to work. So he went back home on the 13th Dec. Thankfully I don't care much about Christmas and such, so it's not that getting me down. Maybe just the overall fact that that everyone's countdown seems so short (because of the holidays).

Well if my SO's schedule doesn't change, I'll get to spend Christmas and new year with him next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X