I wanna go to Prom with my SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna go to Prom with my SO

I really wanna be able to go to prom with Glen, it is May 7th so i would have to drive up one day, go to prom the drive home.
    do you think it is possible?

"Together forever but never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart!"

Met: 9.15.08
    Started Dating: 10.17.08
    Been an LDR since: 10.17.08
    First time meeting: 5.28.09 - 6.2.09

If you're saying that you want to do this in one day, no, this isn't possible. Most proms go until really late at night, and if you want to get any sleep afterwards, it's probably preferable to take a day to sleep off the party, and then go home.
    National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Yeah, why don't you just spend the next day there? I don't know if you are in high school or college or anything, but you could possibly skip a day of school (that's what I'm doing for prom, but it may be a bad idea if you are in college)
      Or since you have about 5 months, you have time to save up for a flight? I'm not sure how long the drive would be...but it would definitely allow you to spend more time with your SO if you flew instead.

Comment

Of course it's possible! My friend once drove 6 hours to come hang out with me for 2. haha that was a funny night... anywayssss

The only thing I would be worried about is you getting sleepy on the ride home. I suggest you just spend the night! The 7th is a Saturday so you won't be missing any school.

Comment

I think you're planning on driving up the day of the prom and then leaving the next day? It looks like you're about a 7-8 hour drive away? If you got up really early and then planned to leave after noon the next day, I think it's possible. Would be a fun adventure for me. But could you possibly find a way to stay one more day??

Comment

I feel dumb lol i meant to put i would drive home the next day. It would be nice if my parents let me miss School friday and monday so id have more time. Il talk to rhem about it

Comment

Yes about 8 hours away

Comment

It's possible, but also how does the school feel about having those who don't attend that school going to their prom?

I know some schools don't care, some just need some kind of notice before hand and others won't allow it at all and how they will monitor that is by having everyone show their student id card before they can enter the prom.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
                  It's possible, but also how does the school feel about having those who don't attend that school going to their prom?

I know some schools don't care, some just need some kind of notice before hand and others won't allow it at all and how they will monitor that is by having everyone show their student id card before they can enter the prom.

I dont think his school will care he goes to a verg small school in a very small town. I have met his principal of the school before. I even attended a day of school with him before last year.

Comment

I don't htink it's possible to do it in one day, but the 7th is Saturday - why not drive back on Sunday?

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Yeah it should be possible to do in two days...but I would encourage you to get a lot of sleep both days before you travel so that you do not get tired on the road. Like others mentioned though, you should try staying for as long as possible! I do not think skipping one day of high school is bad, but it depends on your classes :P But maybe you could bring a friend and set them on a date with a friend of your boyfriend? That way you would have someone to keep you company during the drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X