Fighting and not sure why..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting and not sure why..

I don't know why, we just keep fighting. It's it's not even proper fights we're just.. It's like.. Tension and maybe it's because of lack of seeing eachother, or something. I don't know. But I'm sick and tired of fighting, because I love him and I need him and I just want this tension to end.

Sorry if I don't make sense.... =S
    Although this distance breaks my heart,
    And it's unbearable when we're apart,
    I know that it will all be fine,
    As my heart is yours,
    And yours is mine.. <3

It could easily be part of the holidays - the holidays are a loaded time for everyone. We all carry so much baggage, good and bad, and sometimes we don't even realize it.

Or... at the risk of sounding blunt, maybe it's sexual tension? Sometimes our bodies crave the intimate interactions.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Silviar has a point. This time of year is very stressful on people for a number of reasons and sometimes it bleeds into all aspects of our lives. If either one of you are under stress elsewhere the other could pick it up and voila a fight. It very well could also be lack of intimacy whether just holding hands or more, there's plenty of reasons why we start little fights with our SOs and it can sometimes get out of control. Maybe you guys could take a small speaking break where you don't contact one another for a day or so and see if the space and time to think will do you any good. That or when you're fighting, try to call a time out and say "hey we're starting to fight again, what is this over, anyway?" and see if you can get to the root of the problem. Hope some of that helps!

Comment

Well, we are both doing exams this week.. So that might be it.. Stupid school systems.. =(
        Thanks for the advice..
        Although this distance breaks my heart,
        And it's unbearable when we're apart,
        I know that it will all be fine,
        As my heart is yours,
        And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

Yeah I agree with what they said above. Hang in there

Comment

Originally posted by Emma-Louise View Post
            Well, we are both doing exams this week.. So that might be it.. Stupid school systems.. =(
            Thanks for the advice..
            That might be a factor. Exams are stressful and I know some people get agitated that they can't be around their SOs as much due to studying or their SO is gone studying not paying attention to them. Plus there's the stress of grades, wanting out for winter break, etc etc. So yeah, it's not a surprise you guys are snippy. Like holli said, hang in there.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel! I have the same problem. I have exam stress and just general tension I can't shake off! We've been getting into a lot of petty fights lately, but they're totally dragging us down and we don't know what to do anymore.

I suggested taking a day off from each other. I think it will be a good thing because then I can just reflect and recuperate. My SO doesn't think it's a good idea because he likes seeing me, but in the end agreed.

Comment

We've had some serious discussions (I wouldn't go as far as to say we were fighting, though) that ended with my crying in the phone for about an hour. Mostly because in the last weeks there have been some pretty important changes in my future-planning that directly affected our relationship (closing the distance-dates and what not) and I felt that he wasn't putting as much effort into our relationship as I. In the end we found a solution that we're both ok with and that's the best we could do with the circumstances being the way they are. Sometimes it just takes a lot of patience, effort and willingness to understand each other to work through things. But I'm sure thing's get better between you two!

It probably just is a very stressful time with the semester ending (in some parts of the world), holidays coming up, etc.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
                X