Meeting in London a Heathrow expereince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting in London a Heathrow expereince

Anya and I have been planning our trip for most of the year, we would meet in London for our first trip to see each other and spend Christmas and the New years in Europe. You could not ask for a better experience.

Anya, had left for the Airport on the 16th at 5am from Malaysia for a flight to Stansted Airport in London. She arrived on the 17th and with the help of a friend went to the our hotel, to find out it was not worth staying 5 minutes and had to look for another hotel, which she found for a good price and a faily nice one at that.

The Beginning of the Snow in the UK

My flight from Chicago was not until the morning of the 18th and was nonstop to London's Heathrow airport, it would have been one of the last landings that day at 1145pm.

I had worked the day before and did not get any sleep at all that night. I arrived at the airport at 6am and as soon as i made it to the Gate to wait, /I heard on the intercom that the flight was cancelled. So i went the rebooking phone and was able to get the same flight the next day. I then had to get a hotel room for the night.

The Fun Begins

I was able to text her that my flight was cancelled and i was going to a hotel. After i checked in and set up internet, i waited for Anya. After she log-in i told her what had happen and i was able to get a flight on the 19th. We were watching the weather closely and watching Heathrows Twitter updates for any news. It had stopped snowing and we had thought there would be a no proplems. I finally was able to get some sleep and woke up around midnight and we continued to watch the weather reports and thought everything was great, no snow was falling and other airports in the area were open.

At around 2am or so, Heathrow changed the advisory on the website to say they were going to close down the airport for another day. I was heart broken and i told her that my flight was going to be cancelled again. I had just got off the phone with AA to get a seat with a power port and at that time the hold time was a 5 minute wait. just after the annoucement at heathrow, I had to wait on hold for almost 2 hours with two phones.

When i finally talked to them they said that the flight as far as they knew was a go still, it was still not canceled. But i knew it was only a matter of time that it would change and sure enough while we were talking about the trip i received a email from AA notifying me of the cancelled flight and then the emotions of the lack of sleep and knowing i was not sure if i would ever get over to london, tears began to flow

As soon as i saw the cancel email i was on the phone again for over 1.5 hours with AA to book another flight. Luckly, they were able find another flight for the 21st, unluckly that our train tickets were for the 21st to travel to Paris. I begged AA, who by the way, were the best at helping me, to try and find a flight sooner and everything they found could not be comfirmed and I did not want to chance getting stuck in another city.

Anya and I talked over what we should do about the rest of the trip, and we decided to cut Christmas in Innsbruck, Austria and just travel to Paris and maybe Switzerland, since we do have a 5 day train pass to use if and when i do get to london

So as it stands now I still have a flight on the 21st to London nonstop. She going to stay with friends until i arrive and we can get a hotel until the 26th.

The weather so far is the big question again for my flight will the snow be light enough in london, not to shut down and will the snow I am suppost to get in Chicago be light enough not to delay the flight. We can only wait to find out

Its very frustrating knowing she is in London without me, 0nly 6 hours difference from the 14 we had. I love her so much, this has been very hard experience to go through.

I started to count down at around 250 days for this trip and I was down to 1 and then 1 again and now 2 days. I will keep trying to get to London even if she can only see me for one day. It would be the best xmas present i could ever ask for, just to spend a few hours with her. I hope though this flight is the flight that makes it to london and we are finally able to hug each other.

Sorry for the long drawn out post

awww..i hope everything goes well and you will be able to meet her..its your first time meeting each other..im sorry that this happen..but i am sure things gonna be ok and just stay positive..you have waited 250days...2days is like nothing..;-) looking at the bright side.:-P Take lots of pics..and share some with us here.:-D btw im from malaysia too!:-) and my SO is born in chicago and live there when we just started dating.he move at other place in the usa now tho..

Comment

Its been tough. But all looks good for my flight today. The first plane from Chicago left here yesterday and as i was typing this it landed in Heathrow. That plane now has to return to Chicago this morning as its the the plane i will be on. No snow as of now in either country. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the trip itself was about 250 days in the works, we have known each other for almost a year. Next year I am flying to Malaysia and she will then take me on trips to Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand.

Comment

thats cool!hope all goes well...you will soon meet her!:-D i know my SO for 8months before we had our first meeting..and it was awesome! and i cant wait to meet him again soon...have fun with your SO!:-)

Comment

I hope that everything goes well... I hope that you get on your flight and have an amazing Christmas with your SO. Definitely worth it.

Comment

It's very frustrating how this snow/flight cancel affects many people.

Comment

Counting the time to meet John at Heathrow Airport, another 4 hours to go.
              12.15.2009 - Meet through online games, he is my Hero
              02.14.2010 - Dating
              04.28.2010 - His first proposed
              12.22.2010 - First meet@London (My first white Christmas)
              [Long.distance: Skype, Whatsapp, Messenger, eCard, eGifts]
              12.29.2011 - He visit my parents@Kuala Lumpur
              01.05.2012 - His second proposed heart.gif
              02.20.2013 - B2 Rejected
              06.19.2013 - K1 visa application documents mailed to John
              12.20,2013 - Packet 3 received
              05.20.2014 - Checklist and DS-230 sent
              06.25.2014 - Packet 4 (Appointment letter) received
              07.02.2014 - Medical Exam
              07.11.2014 - Medical Exam result received
              07.15.2014 - Final Interview
              07.18.2014 - K1 visa secured.

Comment

I hope everything works out so you two can be together!!!
                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X