Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it awkward meeting your SO for the first time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it awkward meeting your SO for the first time?

I didn't think it was awkward, but I was so happy and excited that it didn't matter to me. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

It wasn't too awkward, but we didn't know what to do with ourselves for a moment. I think we were both thinking "Wow, how'd I get here?". If you're afraid of freezing up, have some mildly distracting activity ready (movie, food etc.). Works for any kind of date really. Good luck and have fun!

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

My 1st meeting with my SO was awkward, but then her entire family was there (kinda scary), otherwise I was so keyed up and nervous that to be honest awkwardness was never an issue. And it just got easier to be with them and harder to leave them.
        Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

My meet up with my SO was a bit awkward we had met before but not since we began dating long distance...so it was a bit weird when we hugged because I would have preferred to kiss him. But the ride to his house with his friend helped to ease the tension...and then we just kinda got comfortable with each other and stopped worrying about things being different and focused on how we had felt when were apart and why we wanted to be nearer. . I think its a bit easier when someone else is there when you initially see each other even if its just a taxi driver or a friend along for the ride. When we got to his place he was just telling me how beautiful I was and how he couldn't believe I was there and then we started talking about my trip there and it broke the tension. Lol the first kiss also helped :-) I think it helps to do something casual like grab some food or go for a walk just to get more comfortable with each other and being together.

Comment

The first time again with my SO was mildly awkward. If it was left up to me, it would have been much worse. He really took charge and probably realized I was anxious and made me feel sooo comfortable.

For example, right away he told me I was beautiful, held my hand, jokingly tickled me, kind of did whatever he could to loosen me up and help me relax. I will forever be grateful to him for that because I was so nervous. I suggest you do things like that to make her feel at ease. It's all about breaking that initial ice.. Then it usually is smooth sailing!
            Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

It wasn't awkward for us. We were a little shell shocked for the first few minutes, like we couldn't believe it was real, so we were a little quiet. But it only took a few minutes for that to go away. When we first got to our hotel room we were a little nervous, but it wasn't awkward. And that went away quickly as well. Good luck! And enjoy every minute.
              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Not awkward but strangely familiar. Have a great time!

Comment

It was easy for us, not awkward. Though it was surreal!
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                  X