Flight was cancelled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight was cancelled...

my flight was cancelled due to the weather and i have to wait until Thursday to leave.....i cant stop crying.......the day i fly out is the day she needs me the most because it will be the day of her brothers anniversy and i wont be there when she needs me the most!!
    Last edited by Caitlin2009; December 20, 2010, 03:45 PM. Reason: had to correct the day

I had been thinking about you today (seriously... gosh, I hope that doesn't sound too creepy) since I live next to the airport in Frankfurt and there had been flights cancelled all day and on the radio they kept saying that the situation in the UK was worse.

I'm so so sorry for you two But it' not that long until Friday! You've managed that long, you'll make it through a few more days (I can't even imagine how depressed you must be, though)

Here's to hoping that there'll be masses of snow when you want to go back, so that you'll have to stay there longer!!!

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I'm sorry... fingers crossed for Friday! I'm watching the weather forecasts like a hawk this week too. Was it the US side or the UK which was having the problems? This time last year when I was trying to get back to the UK, I had to get a plane to a completely different airport to the one I wanted to get to, then catch a train... I dunno if you can do that?

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh Caitlin... I am so sorry... so very sorry.....I am sick to my stomach with dread...Both Logan in Boston where my SO is flying into AND Heathrow are getting socked with snow.....He only has 17 days... If they bump him to Friday or Later... he will have less than 2 weeks here. I've waited 3 years and 55days... I can't wait any friggin longer.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this.
          I have been thinking about it, since northern Europe is soaked in snow, but I hoped for you that your plane wouldn't be cancelled.
          I hope it then works out for Friday, but I know it sucks big time.

Comment

I'm sorry Caitlin.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, Caitlin. Good thoughts your and Denise's way.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Caitlin I'm so sorry this has happened! Big hugs from me!
                I know there's no words to even make you feel better right
                now, so stay strong
                [CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
                  Oh Caitlin... I am so sorry... so very sorry.....I am sick to my stomach with dread...Both Logan in Boston where my SO is flying into AND Heathrow are getting socked with snow.....He only has 17 days... If they bump him to Friday or Later... he will have less than 2 weeks here. I've waited 3 years and 55days... I can't wait any friggin longer.
                  he might have to wait another day or so like i have to

thanks guys this just royally fucking sucks!!! i had to make the worst phone call of my life and tell Denise that my flight was cancelled and i couldnt come for a few days.....i felt her heart breaking into two and in her words "im numb....i dont care if i sleep tonight or if i have to get up early....i just dont care...." i know we get to see each other on Friday but Thursday is when she is gonna need me the most because that day is the anniversary of when her brother died and i know how much shes gonna need me on that day

Comment

Well I must say I'm glad you didn't take my advice, and went ahead with the travel insurance!!!

Sorry to hear it got canceled=( Sucks to have a visit cut short when they're so few and far in between.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                      Well I must say I'm glad you didn't take my advice, and went ahead with the travel insurance!!!

Sorry to hear it got canceled=( Sucks to have a visit cut short when they're so few and far in between.
                      heh yeah im glad i got that too otherwise it would have been impossible to rebook my flight unless i paid for it which i cant do, phew damn good thing i got it

Comment

oh goodness...I am soo sorry. This is the first time I have been able to get online and just saw this...here I thought you were on your way all day.
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

My god, thanks god you took it... they are really bastard for that...
                          Be brave, you're gonna see her soon, but I can imagine how frustratring it can be

Comment

I can really identify with this.

My partner's coming over from the USA at the start of February, and even though it's miles away, I've been watching the weather and airport statuses every single day - logging on to see if the flight she'll be taking has been delayed or cancelled at all. The airport we're using, Manchester, hasn't been affected by this latest bout of bad weather, but I'm dreading either it or Chicago being closed as we get closer and closer to the date.

All I can do is wait, and since I'm a really awful worrier, worry myself stupid.

Comment

i was supposed to be in her arms a few hours ago.....i cant help but feel sad and angry about it......and i know i will see her on Friday *knocks on wood* but i cant help and feel really sad

Comment

Working...
                              X