He left today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He left today.

So.. He left today. I know this is the part where I should whine and complain about how much I miss him, and believe me I do.. But, I am still in that stage of feeling on cloud 9 and so appreciative of that time we had together. It was beyond words.

I just had the most amazing week of my life. Every visit with each other is always wonderful but this one was particularly great. We stayed downtown one night and did lots of Christmas shopping. He spent so much time with my family and we had a "fake Christmas" with his. We also went out a few nights with his friends, which we haven't done before.

For those who don't know the story.. I'll keep it brief, we dated for 4 years in HS, broke up and reunited about a year ago. This was the first time I actually saw his family after all of that time and I was SOOO freaking nervous. (I mean literally felt like I was going to throw up nervous!) But, IT WENT SO WELL!!! It actually makes me tear up a little thinking about how comfortable and easy everything was. Everyone welcomed me right back. I know these people will be my in-laws one day and I am thrilled... How many people could say that!!?!?

I miss him already though, of course.. But it's so nice to know that we are processing nicely like a somewhat "normal" couple. Oh! And for Xmas he gave me a beautiful ring with both of our birthstones inside of hearts.. and the date we first started dating (years ago) and the new date we first started dating (this past year).. Engraved on the sides.

Love. Check.
    Best Friends. Check.
    Family. Check.
    Distance. UGHHH!

Back to my LFAD late night posting, now!

PS: Is it always much harder right after your SO leaves? I feel like I was living in a dream and now it's back to reality. This sucks.
    Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

It is always harder when your SO leaves. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder, and makes it harder each time to leave them.

Anyway, real glad you had a good time, and glad that everyone seemed to love you
    Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Thanks! I'm so relieved it went well but I am really hurting right now.

It's so difficult getting back into the grind without him. I miss falling asleep with him and waking up right next to each other.

This really sucks. I'm trying my best to get out of this funk!
      Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

That is a cute story, I am glad you did the little update on it. I am glad you had a great time and that ring sounds gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
        X