His flight was canceled......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His flight was canceled......

His flight was canceled and they told him they can't even start re-booking until tomorrow or the day after because they have 500,000 people that are trying to get out of Heathrow at the moment. The woman at AA said it will definitely be after Christmas.. quite possibly mid week.

that means he will miss the flight out to California that leaves Boston 7am on the 27th.

I am gutted and he is pretty much ready to just cancel the entire trip and lose all the money he's spent. It was 900 for his flight here and back.. and another 900 for out tickets to California of course its all non refundable.

I have no words. I have no words. I am going to bed... I just can't be awake anymore.. its to fucking painful.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Dauntedpoet I'm so sorry this has happened! I had everything crossed for you, is there no way you can get your money
    back, even if it's non refundable? But surely, if they cancel a flight, they have to give you money back?
    I hope you'll be okay ):
    [CENTER]

Comment

I'm so incredibly sorry for you

What airline is he with? Don't most airlines refund the tickets when flights get cancelled?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Dan and I are on the phone together...and we both say we are so sorry. I know it doesn't help make you feel better...but I am always here for you. Day or night. Call me if you just want someone to hear you out. God I feel horrible.

I love you Michelle. <3
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Oh no I am so sorry. This is so incredibly unfair. If there is any way around a total cancellation, I hope you guys will do it. Even if you have one day, that is one day together. :/ Keep fighting the airlines too. Rane & I were out a $600 ticket because the border guard decided his trip was going to be 2/3 shorter than we planned. We had non refundable tickets too... but after several calls, we did get airline credit for a good % of it, hopefully the same would happen for you.
          Hugs to you. You sure don't deserve this.

Comment

aww im sorry honey well maybe he'll get there just have some faith, tell him try to rebook tomarrow he may just get something dont give up just yet

Comment

Stupid snow
              For the ticket, tell him to shout in front of the AA staff, it sometimes works, and statistically, it has more chances when you voice up

Comment

I'm so sorry, honey. Is there no way they can comp him for tickets? Often with things this extreme they can do *something* somewhere to help with rebooking and tickets. I'm thinkign about you and praying for you.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

If they cancel the flight, he should be able to get a refund or they should switch flights. Mine got canceled last year and they switched the flight over with no hassle. I'm sorry this has happened, I know how much you needed this. fingers crossed for a solution tomorrow *hugs*

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh I'm so sorry!!! I was listening to NPR this morning and they were talking about how everyone is stuck in Heathrow and Germany. They said they even brought in clowns to help cheer people up... I think the only way to cheer them up is to get them moving out on a plane!

Hope he can get on a plane soon so you guys can finally be together!

Comment

And about the refund-- you should be able to get some money back for an unused plane ticket. I had a plane ticket that I didn't use, called and told them my story of woe, and got about 80% of the money back.

Good luck.

Comment

Aw that is beyond rubbish! I've been watching on the news and wondering how many LDR its been affecting.

He should be able to get his money back for the part cancelled by snow. When the Iceland ash cloud happened most people got their money back, even from the budget airlines.

I really hope your able to salvage at least some of your trip? Spend at least a day or two together?

Stupid frickin UK and its stupid frickin inability to deal with snow!
                        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                          Oh I'm so sorry!!! I was listening to NPR this morning and they were talking about how everyone is stuck in Heathrow and Germany. They said they even brought in clowns to help cheer people up... I think the only way to cheer them up is to get them moving out on a plane!

Hope he can get on a plane soon so you guys can finally be together!
                          lmao thats funny, but somehow i think people there are most likely wanting to beat the clowns up rather then be cheered up by them lol and the reason why so many flights are being cancelled is because they are trying to get everybody out of the airport that have been stuck there for days so they need to get them out first before they do anything else

Comment

So sorry to hear about all of the flights being cancelled. It has to be such a disappointment.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                            - A. A. Milne

Comment

I am so sorry...I was hoping and praying he would be able to make it there...lots of hugs...

Comment

Working...
                              X