Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

um...:freaking out inside: this from my bad at expressing himself SO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um...:freaking out inside: this from my bad at expressing himself SO...

Who just asked me to be his girlfriend!!!.... @_______@ I don't know what to say or think. Somehow I feel a bit lucky I'm now on this side of the Pacific, if only because if this was in person, it would now be a reverse situation of when I told him I liked him and stunned him speechless.

And then he tacked on a bit at the end "If I can, I want to be with you forever!"

This is literally hitting me over the head and leaving me speechless, @_@. I told him I would answer him the next time we have at least a proper vid chat session(the closest to in person we're getting till next summer), but I'm not even sure I can do that now...

How do I answer him...

What would stop you from saying yes???

You care for him, right? He obviously cares for you. What's the harm in saying yes? In your reply to my post (will give a more specific reply there when I'm more awake) you said you wanted to have him in your life for as long as you can, right?

You're right to take some time to think it over and be sure you're ready to become more committed, but from what you've told me, it seems like your relationship might be at that stage.

One thing you can do when you skype is really talk about what you both expect from a boyfriend/girlfriend. This might help you to feel more comfortable about making a decision.

Comment

Well you can start by considering if you want to be with him and how you can make the LDR work...that's what I did with My SO I wasn't sure and we had the talk and he told me that he would do whatever it took to make it work and told me all the reasons why he didn't want to let me go and why he wanted to be with me and the rest was history. So ask him why tell him the distance scares you and that you don't know what your relationship will look like from this distance but that you really like him...and the rest is up to you ;-)

Comment

I...am definitely going to take time discussing it with my best friend tonight. And tomorrow work through all that with him. Guess it's going to be a bit of a serious skype date, haha. I'm just a little bit stunned, since this is my first everything. He was my first kiss, the first guy I've ever gotten to feel this way about, and also the first guy that's felt this way about me.

Comment

Do you have any reservations? It seems to me that if you are having to mull this over so much it may not be for you. Saying that he wants to be with you forever is a HUGE statement. Take your time and do what is right for you best of luck!
          If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart...I’ll always be with you.

~ Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Is this first boyfriend jitters? Something else? As I've said before he is my first everything-first date, first kiss, and potentially first boyfriend. I love being around him when we're together, every time we were together, up to the last time, my heart still pounded like the first day he hung out with me and I had eyes only for him. Didn't matter whether we were out somewhere exploring, or sitting in a cafe for hours on end almost not talking, just being. But we had what I guess I could say was a bad farewell. I was hanging out with up to the very hour I had to be at the airport for my flight back to the States, and in the end after the first kisses, as much hugging as possible, I just turned and walked away but right into the whirlwind known as preparing to take an international flight, all the while trying not to keep crying. That day is still a blur to me, even now. Does that even matter in this?...I'm so confused.

ETA: Oh, and after thinking it over, I doubt that his "I want to be with you forever if I could" Really actually means that, right now. I trust his rational thinking, and also, he was the one who didn't start to like me until he'd hung out with me alone for the first time. I was the one who had a silly crush from afar for a month prior.

Comment

Read your post over I think you will know the answer. All farewells are upsetting but it sounds like you are in LOVE. Go with it hunny you have nothing to lose. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all! <3 Rae
              If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart...I’ll always be with you.

~ Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I have to say it sounds like you are in love..go for it! What will it hurt? To me, reading what you said..it sounds like if you don't go for it, you will regret it later.

Comment

Even to me it sounds as if you have answered all your own objections. It truly sounds as if you are in love with him, and he is at least more than a little interested in you (polite way of saying he fancies the socks off you ).

A little word of caution, be advised that a LDR is a serious undertaking which will involve a whole bunch of stresses that regular relationships do not seem to suffer from, it can also be a very fulfilling undertaking leading to a lifetime of joy I personally would say enough chatter and go get him girl.
                  Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Update: after an intense 3 hr grilling session, I gave him my official "I agree to being your girlfriend". He looked so relieved and happy and immediately blew me a kiss at the screen. xD

WE ended up confusing ourselves many times along the way, because it so drove me nuts trying to think of the way to say things in Mandarin. Thus, I'd type in all English, and he'd miss some of it. Then he'd type in Chinese, and I'd miss some of it. And at one point I think I asked the wrong question more than once. But in the end, we're at an agreement about what we are expecting, are willing to take it slow...and...I have my boyfriend! x3 Who kept asking me what he got on my test, hahaha.

Comment

Yay! I am happy you decided that. Feels good eh?

Comment

heya. i feel so happy for you that you guys are together now. Now its gonna be a hell of a ride with this guy you love! we'll always be here if you need someone to talk to!

p/s: you've yet replied to any of my post. waiting to hear from you soon =)

Comment

Congrats, I hope you enjoy your time together. BTW babelfish.com may help you a little with the whole language issues.
                          Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Aw I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                            X