I love you! Yeah...I love you too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love you! Yeah...I love you too.

I'm getting sick of just I love you and I love you too. Can anyone give me another phrase or word to use?

I know what you mean, sometimes I Love You just doesn't seem like enough, or seems to get over-used. I think you've got to find what works for you...something that's really special between you. My SO & I have this long history & even though we were apart & out of each others lives for about 20 years, we've always felt each other's presence. Our song is Always & Forever. Also he's always saying I love you More....and that started "More than..." Now either of us can say "All the Stars - Always & Forever" & that means I love you to us. Hope this helps.

Comment

I think 'I love you' can be over used as well. I say 'I adore you' to mix it up now and then. It's something we said in the early days so the words have meaning for us.

Comment

I think there's a thread somewhere, not sure if it's in here or RambleOn! that talks about the same subject. Personally I could say 'I love you' until my tongue falls out but I know for lots of folks it gets kinda tiring so they go with other phrases or even saying it in different languages.

Comment

I tell my bf he's the cream to my cupcake but I call him stuff like muffin and cuppie cake to be annoying XD

Comment

I am not sure of anything else, but i love you always has meaning to me. Sometimes it just isn't enough.

Comment

I never really get tired of saying "I love you" to my wife. Though I will sometimes mix it up by giving her the deaf (she knows sign language and taught me this) version of "I love you" which is little finger, index finger and thumb extended out, other fingers folded down.

I would sometimes make a game of it and put my fingers in that configuration while on a webcam and see how long it took for her to notice.
              Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

We'll say "I like you" or "you're cool", something along those lines, just to rephrase "I love you" in our own little quirky way. I like it cause it's cute and we know what we really mean without having to say it
                [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

Well, as we both speak english, and she, spanish, and I french... we have "I love you" "Te amo" and "Je t'aime"

Comment

You can always make something up, as long as your SO is in on it. For example, I told my SO that "rawr" is "I love you" in dinosaur. So now we throw that in the mix every once in a while.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                    -- Anonymous

Comment

I told my boyfriend that if you mouth, "Olive Juice", it looks like "I Love You." So, often he will say, "olive juice very much" or something equally corny like that. Yes, we're nerds! We also say, "I adore you." Or, we'll say something like, "you're the peanut butter to my jelly" or, "the cream to my coffee". Don't mind us - we're mushballs.

Comment

Working...
                      X