Getting Sick of It.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Sick of It.

My parents refuse to let me go see my boyfriend. Even if it's the case of him coming up here. They won't give me an answer until the morning of. And it's now the 29th of December. We wanted to meet up before the end of the year. Just once. And then again after New Years. We're under 18 so we can only ever meet up for a few hours on a random day every couple of weeks and so I asked my parents today could I meet up with him tomorrow, and I get a I don't know. And silence. SILENCE!

Why can't they just make up their minds?! They've met him. They know I love him. And he loves me. Just because they don't approve of Long Distance. I have to sit here with a confused boyfriend explaining why I can't meet up with him. AGAIN.

I don't want to cry anymore...
    Although this distance breaks my heart,
    And it's unbearable when we're apart,
    I know that it will all be fine,
    As my heart is yours,
    And yours is mine.. <3

I'm so sorry that your parents won't let you see your boyfriend. Have you tried to explain to them that they've met
    him and that even they know he's legit? I know that parents worry, but even if you were supervised, I don't see
    a problem. I hope you get to see him soon!
    [CENTER]

Comment

I'm sorry you're going through that. I think it's terribly rude of your parents to not give you an answer but I think the stalling is their way of telling you 'no' without actually having to say it and be the bad guys. Which they kind of are right now anyway, but things may sit differently in their minds. I'm not sure what to tell you beyond trying to have a serious talk with them about why you're choosing long distance over close distance. And you might want to leave out the 'I love him' line as a lot of adults think anyone under 18 can't know what love is and that it's just something they throw around, which does happen but I know in this case, that's not the case. Persistence pays off in the end so continuing to try and talk to them maturely without starting fights or crying (which is hard) may help. I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Im sorry but they're probably just really worried about you. And since your under 18 you dont really have a choice but to obey your parents. All I can say is be patient

Comment

Originally posted by Sano View Post
          Im sorry but they're probably just really worried about you. And since your under 18 you dont really have a choice but to obey your parents. All I can say is be patient
          There's no reason she can't at the very least try and maturely talk with her parents. This is a grown up decision she's making here and I think she can properly display that despite being underage she can hold a serious relationship with the added difficulty of distance. I'm not saying she needs to disobey the parents but she can make her case and keep making it and let the ball be in their court on whether or not they're going to trust she's got the wisdom to make the right decision for herself for once.

Comment

@Lady March Hare: I took your advice and tried to have a civilised conversation with both of my parents to try lift this stupid rule on not being allowed go to his home town. I was keeping as calm as possible.. And instead of my parents taking me seriously, my dad started mocking me and when I called him up on it he just shouted and said he didn't trust me and my boyfriend and it's not happening. Which to be honest is ridiculous.. I don't know what to do, but if I ask my boyfriend to come to me one more time he's gonna go crazy. It's been a full 6 months since I've been to his home town and we try to meet up once or twice a month.. He's just come here. I'm going to lose my mind and scream if something doesn't change soon.
            As my heart is yours,
            And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

I didn't have discussions with my parents. My mom laid down the rules and you either obeyed or you got beat for disobeying >.>

Comment

Well my parents are usually ones for discussions and coming to a compromise. My parents and I have always been very close.. This is just.. This is different.
                As my heart is yours,
                And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

Originally posted by Emma-Louise View Post
                  @Lady March Hare: I took your advice and tried to have a civilised conversation with both of my parents to try lift this stupid rule on not being allowed go to his home town. I was keeping as calm as possible.. And instead of my parents taking me seriously, my dad started mocking me and when I called him up on it he just shouted and said he didn't trust me and my boyfriend and it's not happening. Which to be honest is ridiculous.. I don't know what to do, but if I ask my boyfriend to come to me one more time he's gonna go crazy. It's been a full 6 months since I've been to his home town and we try to meet up once or twice a month.. He's just come here. I'm going to lose my mind and scream if something doesn't change soon.
                  Not really sure what to say there as from that it's clear at least your dad's the immature one and is being childishly stubborn. Do your SO's parents approve of this relationship? Maybe they could talk as they're all adults and if your dad's not going to take you seriously maybe he will them and if not maybe a compromise can be made if your SO's parents see it and feel bad.

Sano: Sounds like your mom had issues, then. There's a line between having rules and being a control freak.

Comment

Yeah. Maybe. Thank you. Your advice is extremely comforting.. =]
                    As my heart is yours,
                    And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

Working...
                    X