Incoming vs. Outgoing phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incoming vs. Outgoing phone calls

who should give the more outgoing calls in a LDR the bf/gf?

I feel that a bf/gf shouldn't have to call their bf/gf more often than they receive incoming calls from them.

please help me, I really want to know?

Depends on the phone plan each has, I suppose. That and the schedule of each/the time difference. I don't think it should be a matter of gender because there's no 'role' here that needs to be filled. If you have the money/phone plan to call them and they have the time to receive it, then call them. Either that or use Skype.

Comment

It's about equal for us. We don't really have a rule. In the beginning of our relationship, I'd always wait for him to call, which kind of left me unsatisfied with the amount of phonecalls. But now I call him when I feel like talking and vice versa, but there are no rules regarding who calls who.

Comment

In my opinion, as in everything to do with a relationship. Both parties should at least try to split the calls 50/50. Sometimes that is not possible due to financial constraints so you may want to talk about who rings who and so often.
        Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

I think that if you feel like you have to be keeping track, that might be more of a problem than one person doing more calling than the other. If it's totally unbalanced and upsetting you, have you brought it up with your SO? Perhaps they aren't aware this is even an issue? I've both done more, and done less of the calling in relationships. We never kept a running tally though...

Comment

For us he makes all the phone calls, because I'm on his My5 so it doesn't cost him anything and I don't get charged if he calls me during my unlimited evenings/weekends. So I think it depends on your phone plan and also on your budget because one person may be able to afford the phone calls while the other may be broke.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
            -- Anonymous

Comment

It just depends on the relationship... Depends on who's busier with work/school. My bf calls me way more than I call him because he's in school and works more than me... So I have more free time, making it more likely that I'll be able to talk.
              [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

I do most of the calling but that's just because it's cheaper for me, my call rates are much better than his. Though my rates aren't the best (around 33c per 30seconds) but I do get free credit. At some point he'll be changing his phone offer so he'll hopefully get 100 minutes a month to call internationally.
                Money Savers a LFAD group for people to share money saving ideas, tips, links, etc.

Comment

It's about equal with my SO and I. It depends on schedules I would call after school on the days he didn't have school or I knew he wasn't at class. He would call randomly in the evening because he knew I was home. So it all depends.

Comment

It depends on the situation...right now he's calling because he has a phone card, I've called his house once so far. I think it depends on every situation and relationship because there isn't a single LDR that is exactly identical. But I think in CD relationships and just in general the guy should call a little bit more than the girl, because usually if the girl calls too much, the guy might think she's being needy/demanding/clingy. It's not like that with EVERY relationship, that's just what I've observed. Not trying to offend anything or anyone. Just my personal opinion and experience.

Comment

Um, I don't think you really need to think about that, it kind of just happens.

But for us he calls me 100% of the time because he has a plan that makes calls to me free for both of us. I doesn't matter who calls though, I would if I could make long distance calls.

Comment

I think it depends on the schedules of both people. My SO gets homes later than I do, so often he will call me after he gets home and makes dinner. But there have been times that I've made more calls simply because our schedules allowed it.

Comment

I agree. It depends on people's schedules and phone plans. I just found out that you can call cell phone via skype for very cheap So I did that a few times now, and I was just wondering, does he have to pay anything for my skype calls to his phone? Because even when I use a calling card and call him from my cell phone, he has to pay too. Not a lot, but it adds up. (I'm calling from Denmark to the States)

Comment

I always call him purely because its doesnt cost me anything and i'd rather he used his money for airfare lol
                            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

He calls me because it's much cheaper for Skype to call mobile numbers in my country than if I call his mobile! Other than that we don't make any other phone calls and very rarely text, as Skype is our main mode of communication.

Comment

Working...
                              X