2011 Valentine Day Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Valentine Day Surprise

Well this year I plan to make a surprise visit to Clemson SC for my sweetheart, I have no real idea about what to do and even get as a gift. I have the flight, and just need to book the room, was thinking about what to do...........any thoughts?

This is off topic because I am not a creative person but my SO is in Clemson, SC! I cannot believe someone on here has an SO in the same place!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

well apart from not telling him (until you reach his/her house..) I would suggest find a nice restaurant in the town and book a valentines day meal
      Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Well on your profile it says you're male, so I'm assuming that your SO is a girl...in which case it would definitely be a good idea to get her some flowers, I don't know of a girl who doesn't like getting flowers from her guy!

Taking her out to eat somewhere really nice for valentine's dinner would be really sweet too. Since you're planning on surprising her, you might as well do a good job of it! What would make it an awesome surprise, I think, is if you called her earlier that day, and asked her to dress up in something really nice and come out of her house/dorm at a certain time. She might be a little confused or suspicious, but then when she opens the door she'll see you there, and be totally surprised!

There you will be, flowers in hand, ready to take her to a romantic dinner and then spend a night together in your hotel room!

Just keep in mind that surprise visits aren't always a good idea. She could already have plans, or she could feel totally unprepared. I know I'd be a little irritated if my SO came to visit me on one of my off days, where I'm dressed like a bum and haven't shaved my legs in a while :P

If you still want to surprise her, go for it, but maybe you should subtly remind her not to make any plans that weekend?

On a side note, does your SO go to Clemson University? I applied there in November, there's a good chance I will go there next year.

Comment

What about a short treasure hunt? Since you haven't got much time to plan, you cannot make anything too extensive ofc, but I'm sure you could come up with something. Perhaps the prize could be your SO finding you outside a restaurant or in a park with a picnic ready?

Comment

Send them a Valentine's day gift anyway to distract them so they don't suspect you of visiting them. That way it will be even more of a surprise! It doesn't have to be a huge gift. Make a small basket of things they love to send with a card.

Comment

idk about anyone else, but i know if my SO just showed up in my city, i wouldn't wanna do anything other than cuddle and watch movies.

Comment

I think it would be cute if you set up a skype date and tell her to get all dolled up and that you two are going to have a romantic evening together and watch a movie and then show up at her door at the time of the date. That way she doesn't plan to do anything else and you don't have to ruin the surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by TknandLvnIt View Post
                  I think it would be cute if you set up a skype date and tell her to get all dolled up and that you two are going to have a romantic evening together and watch a movie and then show up at her door at the time of the date. That way she doesn't plan to do anything else and you don't have to ruin the surprise.
                  perfect right there

good luck! it sounds like so much fun...
                  Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                  ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Thank you everyone, i see that i have a few plans to set into play.............

Comment

The went down without a single hitch. I even got to meet the parents, when i got to her she was in such a state of shock. She decided that she wanted to take me home and introduce me to the family...............

Comment

aww, so cute!!! i'm glad it worked out =]

Comment

Working...
                        X