This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice or ideas?

So ive been in my LDR for almost 5 months one of my longest which makes me proud So recently me and my boyfriend have been talking less and are running out of things to speak of as of what happens to most of us and lately ive been feeling bored and just kind of out of it.. Ive been very emotional more then normal and i kind of feel like hes not really into it either but i really like/love this guy hes like everything ive ever wanted in a guy and i never want to lose him... But then i feel like the way ive been feeling lately will ruin our relationship which i really dont want we try to text everyday and we vid chat with facetime(on the apple products) atleast once a week and lastnight we did the chat and were just dead silent and we started chatting alittle bit and just messing around but afterwords i just felt like bleh... So i dont know if i feel this way because the long distance is getting hard cause weve been getting so close or what... Ive given up some things and i dont see myself with any other guy... And i try to let him know how much hes worth to me and he trys to too... But then we are at this tough spot... Does any one have any advice or things we could do or talk about.. I tryed looking into the suggested 1000 question book but i dont have the money right now .. So yea ( sorry for the bad grammar)

I have trouble too thinking of things to talk about. I work tons so other then work and chilling out at home not a whole lot exciting happens to tell him about. If I think or something interesting I will write it down so I don't forget when I actually talk to him. Also we do not talk every day which also gives a few days of happenings to talk about.

Comment

Aah thats a good idea.. But for me its tough to go a day without atleast saying hi

Comment

I agree, I write things down when I think of them and then I have something to speak to him about. We used to speak everyday but it just got to the point where there was nothing to talk about. I didnt think I would be able to go a day without speaking to him, but its about self control. Then I ache to speak to him because I have made myself wait. We now speak once a week and we have so much fun and lots to speak about.

If you try it you could suprise yourself =)

Comment

Then you can text him and say just saying hey can't wait until our phone date or facetime on such and such day. You don't always have to have elaborate convos. My SO and sometimes just sit in silence on skype and just look into each other's eyes and a consistent question is what are you thinking...sometimes it leads to silly convos other times deep ones but you have to be intentional about keeping your relationship happening

Comment

Thanks guys (:

Comment

I know you said that you can't afford the 1000 questions book, but if you search the internet you can find free lists of questions for couples. They might not be as good, but look through them and find questions that intrigue you. I just did a quick search and here's a few sites I found:

100 Questions - you can only view the first 53, but I think there's some cool ones in there
              Romantic questions for couples
              Top 20 questions for couples

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
              -- Anonymous

Comment

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 4 years. We often run out of things to say so we try not to talk on the phone or over skype(and now facetime and skype,I use my ipod he uses his webcam) too often. The good thing is I live with my cousins and the 3 year olds like to talk to him and then my cousin will talk about gross stuff at her work and ya so that usually gives us something to talk about.lol.

Comment

Aaron and I played the question game from day one, and when we ran out of our own, we found plenty of lists from people on Google. Try that
                  It really helps put the spark back in conversations, and is FREE.

Comment

I wish i had family or friends to join in with us but alot of my friends dont think my relationship counts as a relationship cause it started online or they are busy in there own and my siblings either dont bother or take it to far and he doesnt like his brother specially cause his brother doesnt even treat his own girl right... And he doesnt spend time with friends offten and when he does i look at that as his guy time

Comment

I looked up some questions and stuff and i may look up more but some so far are to over the top or things we discussed before or repeats of questions that have been mentioned many times

Comment

That's true with all of these kinds of sites. Some parts of it will be good, other parts not so good. You're not going to find enough to last you the rest of your life, but if you find some just to get conversation going again that may be all you need.

On another note, if you look in the 97 activites for LDR couples there's a bunch of games you can play over the phone. Maybe you can try those if the questions aren't working for you? Or switch up phone calls for online games, so you're still doing something together but not pressured to talk.
                        Last edited by LostInLove; January 6, 2011, 11:35 PM. Reason: wrong choice of words

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                        -- Anonymous

Comment

Yea i was reading those i havent finished reading it though i really dont need questions for the rest of my life not even most of it just need some here and there maybe untill we can live closer cause then i acctually know of things to do we are going to try one of the things and we are going to try sending something to eachother for our 5th month so we acctually have something that will have eachothers scent and stuff that should help alittle (: hehe i again thank you all who have replied! Its nice !

Comment

Working...
                          X