He's gone now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's gone now...

Hi guys, I know I've been missing the past 2 weeks, as my SO has been visiting, I didn't have time to use the computer much at all.

I had a wonderful 2 weeks and I promise to come back with the full story and photos (we took a LOT), but for now, I just wanted a little comfort. I just dropped him off at the airport, I'm back at my student flat alone... I can still smell his scent everywhere... and I'm miserable I tried so hard to not cry whilst he was here, but I cracked. I just wanted to sit and cry and beg him to stay, at least I kept the begging in, I know that would have hurt him as much as it's hurting me right now.... please tell me it gets better... I thought the second goodbye would be better, as I knew what to expect, but somehow it feels worse. I keep thinking how I was feeling, all alone in the airport for 3 hours... it breaks my heart even more knowing how much he is hurting too. I miss him so much already

I'll be back with a happier post later I hope.

I hope everyone had a great christmas and new year anyways...

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

and now he's just text me to say he's boarding.... omgggggggggggggg

Comment

....I am sorry you are feeling so bad and hurt at the moment.
      I do not know how it feels after the second good bye since I had to say it only once and we didnt see each other since then...But I guess its really horrible to go trough the same pain again, huh?

I think if I were you, I would comfort myself in doing things I like. Like taking a hot bath whilst reading a book, eating some chocolate and to snuggle yourself up under a big blanket with his tshirt which smells still like him :-) And I recommend writing him NOW a long letter. Writing letters to my SO helps me a lot when Im hurting.

*BIG HUG*

Comment

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Last year, on January 4th, I was experiencing the exact same thing after our second visit, even the text that he was boarding the plane. It's so hard, and it hurts so much. I let myself be sad for the first couple of days. There really isn't any point fighting it right away, at least in my own experience. Soon though, you will see something that reminds you of him, and you'll smile instead of tear up. It's great you have a bunch of new pictures. That definitely helped me.
        Do you maybe feel like writing him an email now, while he's traveling? That would be nice for him to come home to. Maybe with a new picture of you two attached?
        Anyways, it does get better! Hugs!

Comment

I'm really sorry.. I remember that feeling ALL too well.. and the walk - alone - out of the airport gotta be the worst part
          As garnet said, allow yourself be sad now.. it helps to "get it out of your system", so to speak.. - to reach the point where you honestly can't cry anymore..
          And of course it gets better... don't worry *hugs*

I'd say: go pamper yourself.. take a nice relaxing bath/shower, make a cup of tea (you ARE English after all ) - or even better: go buy ice cream - and just allow yourself to forget about the world for a while, buried in duvets, reading a book or watching a movie of some sort..

Comment

I'm really glad you had a good two weeks. I know right now is hard - give yourself some time to recover, cry, and bounce back.

It gets better, I promise. After my love lived with me for two months, the day he left was awful. I cried as he walked through the gate, cried all the way home, and it took me about a week to get 'used' to him being gone. The second feels worse, but I think after you do it the second time eventually comes the knowledge that as hard as it is, as many times as you have to repeat it, it's worth it. And that they're still a part of your life, even if your life gets jostled.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Allow yourself time for YOU. Do whatever you want today, to allow yourself to feel better. A favorite drink, food, hobby...all of it. The first week after is so hard...I was in your shoes last Saturday and it doesn't get any easier with each visit for me...but know we ALL understand..and are here for you.

Huge hug for you....((((((Hugs)))))
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

First of all I am so pleased you had a great 2 weeks. I bet they flew by and all you wanted to do was put brakes on the time.

I agree with the others, do anything to make yourself happy. Whether its visitting friends, eating ice cream, having a "cuppa" as us english call it =)

I find it doesnt get easier everytime you say goodbye. Me and my SO live together the majority of the year, and when we say goodbye my emotions take over my whole body.

I understand your pain .... hugs

Comment

:bear hugs:

I haven't had to go through the second goodbye yet, but I can't imagine it'll be any easier than the first. I've just gotten back and started my LDR, but it's been 3 weeks and only recently in this week have things that reminded me of him started making me smile instead of want to cry.

Comment

Glad you had a wonderful time with your SO, keep those memories at the for front of your mind cause they will be what remind you that this is worth it.

Unfortunately I cannot say it gets any easier. Every time I left my SO at the airport it did seem to get harder and harder, harder to say goodbye, harder to 'get over it'. However as long as you remember the great times you had, visiting with him will get easier and more worthwhile.

All I can recommend is cry your heart out (I did, just don't do it while driving...), and hold onto his scent for as long as possible. You can also try and follow his flight home (if he has not already landed) and wait for him to ring you as soon as he got home (I know I used to do that).
                    Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Thanks guys, I know a lot of us have been going through the same thing, especially around the holidays. I've had a day of doing nothing in particular, watching tv in bed with a box of tissues and a cup of tea. I calmed down a bit... but then my parents started blowing up my phone so I HAD talk to them, I managed to hold up pretty ok- I certainly wasn't in the mood for one of my Dad's infamous "man up" speeches, but he was nice to me this time. I think now he's actually met him, he can understand my hurt a bit more. My parents are paying for a plane ticket for a visit for my 21st birthday, I'm going down to uni on monday to see if I can pin down a date between exams and results collection to book my next visit. I hope having another count down will ease the ache a little at least.

I've also got my photos sorted out- 270 we took in 2 weeks o_O I'll post over the weekend of our adventures in the British Isles thank you all again, for listening to my whining, I needed to hear/see those from you lovely, understanding people

Comment

Just more hugs - still dealing with the aftermath of coming home myself...and that is why I love this place - we all know how each other feels

Comment

Working...
                        X