Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drawn to people with similar characteristics as your partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawn to people with similar characteristics as your partner?

It's a bit of a weird question, but sometimes I find that I like people just because they have a characteristic or remind me of my boyfriend. I don't mean in being romantically attracted, but a strange sort of comfort or familiarity. Maybe it's because I miss him and hold onto anything that reminds me of him. But I find it a bit odd that it can come in the form of people. XD Anyone ever feel like this sometimes too? Like people who share his name or have visited the city he lives in. Lately, and more bizzarely, Scott Moir's charismatic charm reminds me of my boyfriend. I see him on tv or mentioned somewhere and I miss my boyfriend and want nothing more than to give him a hug.

Oh my God, yes, I get this with so many people. Even if it's the smallest thing, like having curly hair, I'll be all "Awwwww, Chris ):" and think about him and what not.
    I thought I was the only one, haha. :3
    You are at the beginning of your life, perhaps you will have many loves... but if you are fortunate, you will have only one love.

Comment

Definitely!

Let me quote:

"Was man liebt, findet man überall und sieht überall Ähnlichkeiten." - Novalis, "Glauben und Liebe oder Der König und die Königin"

translation:

"What you love you find everywhere and see similarities everywhere." Novalis, "Faith and Love or The King and Queen"

Comment

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one ^^ I was feeling kinda strange that I seem to have developed this strange sort of fascination for Scott Moir based on nothing except that he reminds me of Ray XD I also have some sort of select hearing and anything to do with Vegas I hone in on. It's good to know it's not -that- strange :P

Comment

I used to be a great X-Files fan, so whenever someone said something that only vaguely reminded me of an ep or there was any topic they had talked about on the show, too, I would smile like a lunatic. So, it's not just restricted to romantic love. It's kinda dangerous, though, because I think you sometimes think similarities are more pronounced than they are. For example, a friend of mine here reminds me a lot of my husband in that he's also a joker and stuff, so I tend to forget that
          other aspects of his personality are completely different and I actually don't know him as well as I think I do!

Comment

This happens to me too! I see a lot of people who have the same facial structure as Chris, and it just makes me want to cry. Haha. I miss my boyfriend.

Comment

It's true, you start noticing people that have the same features!

Comment

I don't think I have this problem. I'll have to pay more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by JoMarie View Post
                  I don't think I have this problem. I'll have to pay more attention.
                  Haha same here.

Comment

I know EXACTLY what your talking about. I have a neighbor that I never noticed before that looks very similar to my fiance. So it freaks me out when I see him. And I now notice the damn cars that he drives all over town and I cant say I ever payed attention to them before. Stupid little things remind me of him all over the place. At least he haunts me in a good way. Because it makes me smile.

Comment

I'm joining the club! All kinds of little things remind me of Andy constantly during my days and if I see people that look like him it makes me smile and think about him so I quite like it! But it also makes me miss him like crazy lol.

@Jackie: Awwwwww

Comment

I am definitley with you guys on this one. More then a few times I've seen someone who has the same hair/body type/build and I get so excited for about 5 seconds thinking its him, until I realize that its impossible, because he is 1000 miles away

Its a combination of loving someone so much and missing them so much that makes everything remind us of them. I know for me, he is such a huge part of me, that even when I am busy or concentrating on something else, he is still there, always on my mind in some capacity.

Haha I am just excited for 6 days from now, when I get off that plane and can get excited because I see him, and its really him!

Comment

Ohhh....yes this has happened to me. Over the smallest things, too...for example...my boyfriend always wears polo shirts from Aeropostale...and sometimes when I see a polo shirt that's similar, I'll be like "!!!" and miss him that much more. Or someone with similar hair

Comment

Working...
                          X