X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am i just overreacting?

So as some read in my last thread i cannot live a day without my SO

And im kinda stumped.. Our communication hasnt been bad lately weve recently sent letters monday still waiting for those .. And lastnight i was just a wreck i had mixed emotions and non of them were really happy emotions.. And nomatter what my SO said or did i didnt feel any better some things said even made me feel worse and ive been very emotional and i cant seem to figure out why i know part of it is family related but whats the other half? Is the distance just really getting to me? Am i overreacted? Any ideas? And if it really the distance any ideas what i could do to help it?

Other stresses in your life make the distance worse. When you are sad or anxious, you want someone around and when that person is a long way away it makes it even worse. Try to clear up what is going wrong locally like the family stuff first. Get that part of your life sorted and you'll feel better. It will take the pressure off your LDR too.

Comment

Originally posted by Čternity View Post
      Other stresses in your life make the distance worse. When you are sad or anxious, you want someone around and when that person is a long way away it makes it even worse. Try to clear up what is going wrong locally like the family stuff first. Get that part of your life sorted and you'll feel better. It will take the pressure off your LDR too.
      Thanks thing is the family stuff is continueous.. :/

Comment

If the family thing is continuous, then find a coping mechanism. Do some research and see what you're able to do when the stress gets high whether it's removing yourself from the room, listening to music, etc. If you have to deal with it, you have to find a way to deal with it that is healthy.

Comment

I'm going to be blunt here, and I'm sorry if it comes out wrong...

But, you are one person. You are whole already. You need to be whole in yourself to have a sucessful relationship (imo anyway). You were fine before your SO came along, and you can be fine with them at a distance. The thing is, you need to be able to look after you.
          If you're having an on going problem controling your emotions a doctor or councilor could be of benifit to you.

When the thinks he says don't work to make you feel better... do you know what you'd have prefered him to say? Are you hoping for something specific?
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Zeph touched on EXACTLY what I want to say.

You CAN live without your SO. They are NOT your "other half"...you are WHOLE by yourself. Being in an LDR you HAVE to truly focus on you and find things to keep you busy. We can't expect our SO to FILL that void. You can try and waste a lifetime looking for the right words....or you work on helping yourself and then your SO, their words, and them being in your life will truly fufill you. And ADD to you as an already whole person.

I have been there...I understand.
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Ive been trying to work on that... And i dont lean entirely on him cause i cant .. Ive never really had someone to lean on for problems or anything of the sort so i guess thats why it seems that way.. Gaah oh and i wasnt expecting him to make me feel better but usaully he does like he finds a way of doing something that just takes the stress away and it was just strange that it didnt im not expecting or even telling him to make me feel better.. Hmmm sorry if maybe i took that the wrong way but thats what i got out of it

Comment

Working...
              X