Feeling stuck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling stuck.

My boyfriend left three weeks ago today. He was here for five months and had applied for a skilled workers visa but was declined because they were not currently looking for people with that specific skill.
    It is my first real day off work since he left. I picked up a ton of extra shifts after he left to save up some money. I didn't realize how much it helped me keep my mind off of not being together, until I was stuck at home with my thoughts today.

Right now we are both working towards seeing each other. I am getting another job to save and he is working on getting a job back home and to get a drivers license(incase he comes back to canada) Although we are making steps it seems like we are sitting ducks. He is waiting for the Canadian visas to start accepting applications and I can't even apply for a uk one until I have a certain amount of money in my bank account for three months.

I just wish there was something I could do with my time to make it feel like I am not just waiting around.

You can do it! I know its tough, but in the end it will all be worth it. Don't just sit around and let your thoughts take control of you though, try to keep yourself busy. But don't overwork yourself! Maybe if you're off work for the day you can write a letter to your SO, or go hang out with some friends or something. And you always have each other to help you through the hard times

Comment

May I ask what skilled worker visa he applied for and what skill? i ask because he may actually be able to apply through the PNP (Provinical Nominee Program) with the skill he has.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Make a plan for saving! Take your weekly paycheck, and start dividing it up into spending money, emergency money, and money for moving to be with your SO. Make a seperate account if possible, and watch your money grow with each paycheck. It's not much, but maybe seeing the progress will help remind you that every day brings you two closer to the day you'll get to be together!

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
        -- Anonymous

Comment

I understand this so much. My situation is quite different...but I feel like I am sitting around waiting as well.

((((Hugs))))) hang in there...
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Hey, Canada is a common wealth country, and if you have any british grandparents you can apply for ancestral visa which isnt decided on funds. If you need any info message me.

Comment

Unfortunately my grandparents are not from the uk

Comment

Working...
              X