Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

I'm 22 and i have been in a long distance relationship for almost a year. my girlfriend and i have been knowing each other for quite sometime but as of almost a year ago we decided to make it romantic. as of last night, literally!!!! she feels as though I am ashamed of our relationship as though I keep her and our relationship a secret. that is not the case and i feel as though I do publicize our relationship, but i guess it's not enough or I need to step it up a notch. she lives in nyc and i live in fla. is there any suggestion of how I can do something drastic that would really speak volumes and let her know that i am not ashamed and i dont care who knows help pls

Hi! And welcome to LFAD
    Well, I guess it really depends what her reasons are for thinking like this? Like have you made it official on Facebook? Has she met all your friends and family? Maybe write her a wall post on FB once in a while, telling her that you miss her and love her or something. That's always a cute gesture that girls love

Comment

yes, and everything that you suggested I do I don't. So I will step it up in those areas, but i'm also looking for something that will carry a bigger bang, something that will be memorable through out the rest of the relationship!!!!!!!!! Thank for the insight as well that was just confirmation from what she was telling me, what i seen, and from a different persons point of view

Comment

Send her something. Write her a letter, buy her a teddy bear for her to sleep with, write her a love letter/poem. Take pictures for her. Tell her she's beautiful. Express your feelings. If you want a bigger impact, sending her something will definitely work. Especially if you keep it a secret from her. 1 800 FLOWERS or something like that? Draw her something. Send her emails. It's the small things that mean the most

My boyfriend was kinda secretive about our relationship in the beginning, for a few reasons. When he decided he was ready to go public with it (I was kind of already telling people around where I lived, he didn't as much) he added me as his girlfriend on Facebook and wrote on my wall all the time. So kinda what Stina said. I'll write down more things if I can think of them, but I think that those will keep you occupied for a bit!

Comment

oh thank you for the suggestions, and I do think that those will def keep me busy...I will keep you guys posted on the outcome and progress :-)

Comment

Working...
          X