Oh my god!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god!

As you might know, Jesse has been here for the last 3 days, which is why I haven't really been online much.

But damn, am I happy. Yesterday we were just laying in my bed and jokingly playing Truth Or Dare, and he dared me to go check his suitcase and look for his last present for me. When I found a small gift box, he hugged me from behind and said "I dare you to marry me" and inside the box was a beautiful white gold ring. So I guess we're engaged now.

Some people might say that we're too young for engagement, but I don't really believe so. Just being in a long distance relationship takes a whole lot of maturity and commitment, and during these last 1,5 years we've both been through a lot. Jesse also views time a bit differently than the rest of us, since his health keeps getting worse and he knows he won't be around forever.

His visit has been going great so far. He almost missed his connecting flight to Finland because the last flight was late and the wheelchair that he waited for a half an hour never came, but otherwise the trip went well.

We haven't been doing much yet, mostly just hanging around the house and watching horror movies and South Park. My family loves Jesse, as I suspected, and were really happy for us when he proposed. They aren't too excellent at English, but they speak it well enough that I rarely have to translate things.

Jesse also got me a bunch of other gifts. He bought a "I reject your reality and substitute my own" t-shirt (it's a quote from my favorite TV show MythBusters - here's a picture), a love letter satchel (I love it Michelle!), a plushie dog and too much chocolate and jerky to count. :P He spoils me.

The only bad thing is that Jesse has been feeling like crap the whole time and spitting and coughing more than usual. I'm hoping it's just the jet lag and exhaustion and he's not actually getting sick. He brough some antibiotics with him, but those work less and less every time.. I hate worrying myself sick over him.

Anyway, I need to stop rambling and head to bed. :P Just wanted to say hi and tell the good news!
    Last edited by Taija; February 27, 2010, 04:29 AM.

Congratulations on your engagement! PFFFT to anyone that says you're too young. It is wonderful news, and I'm so excited for you both. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Comment

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That is so creative and cute!!!!! Glad that you are having so much fun XD! I hope Jesse starts feeling better!

Comment

OMG! That is so cute! I'm so happy for the both of you! Congrats hon!

Comment

Oh my god! That's fantastic!
          You're not too young, so happy for you!
          I'm engaged too, but we haven't sorted out anything about the wedding yet ):
          [CENTER]

Comment

AWWH!
            That's so sweet!
            Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations hun, I'm glad to hear some wonderful news for once... Best of whishes for both of you!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you a beautiful future together!!!

Comment

Congratulations that's a lovely story!!!

Hope Jesse feels better soon, too

Comment

Congratulations!!! What a cool way to propose!! Hope Jessie is feeling better very soon, and that the rest of this visit is as happily memorable as the first bit seems to have been!!

Comment

Ahhhherifdvjkbdfuic okl~!!!!! *girly squeals*

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!! So what are your next steps going to be?? How long until the actual wedding/move?

Comment

awww! that is tooo sweet. he couldnt have planned that any better. I am so happy for you guys. Enjoy your time together. *huggles*

Comment

Wow that's awesome, congratulations! I hope Jesse is feeling better soon.

Comment

Wow, congratulations, Taija!

I hope you have a great time together the rest of the time he's there
                            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Congratz! Different way of proposing eh... very nice!
                              Also I hope Jesse feels better soon!
                              "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                              "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                              "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Working...
                              X