Opinion: To plan or not to plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan, plan, plan.
    I'm a big planner and my SO, too. We're going to get married in 2014 and we pretty much already have a date and are looking for churches right now

Unfortunately my ****** (I'm lacking words to describe what I feel!) university is making it impossible for me to even plan the next half year and whether I can graduate this or next year. God, you all can't even imagine how much stress the not-knowing is for me, atm. I've literally broken into tears in the secretary's office, because of it
    So right now we don't know when we'll be able to close the distance. 2013 at the latest, but we don't know exactly when and it's really driving me nuuuuts.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

i love planning, it kind of helps keep my mind off of the bad like the fact that i'm not physically with him right now.. but eric and i plan all the time! i especially love planning when we're going to end the distance, which is this summer.. so i've been apartment shopping, and thinking about the furniture, and jobs, and everything! it gets me so excited just thinking about it.. so i don't know what i'd do if i couldn't plan ahead!

and yeah ever since i've been in a LDR i've always been planning ahead because i've been thinking about the next time i will see him.. it's usually not about whats happening then and there.. which yes, isn't necessarily a good thing, but all i think about is the next time i'll be with him if i'm not with him.. and i can't wait to end the distance so i can really start enjoying ever single moment
      <3
      sigpic

Comment

Right now I'm in a big planning phase because I should be graduating from uni next year and both of the careers I'm considering requires Masters work, and there's a lot of decisions to be made around that. So I'm spending a lot of time considering the influence of my relationship on my masters work should The Boy and I work out in the long run.

That said, him and I make sure we know when we're going to see each other again, and so far that's about it. I think a little further down the line we'll talk about closing the distance, though I agree you definitely need to make sure you're on the same page about a few things.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
        -- Anonymous

Comment

Well, we don't plan. But we do work out when we could theoretically next see each-other. E.g for us, we will probably try and meet sometime August/September. We don't set it in stone until nearer the time

Comment

Haha alright! Everyone seems to be a planner here! Thank you all for your advice and stories. I will try to keep a more open mind now and not stress to much!

Comment

Working...
            X