I don't know what to do :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what to do :(

When my boyfriend and I first met online we were both in high school so we had no time to visit each other. Now I am in college and he is going to join this fall. He is coming close to me soon to visit some schools and it would be the prime opportunity for me to finally see him. The only problem is I haven't told my family yet. He told his family right away though. I have just never been very open with anyone in my family and I didn't feel like they needed to know. I have to tell my mom but I have no idea how to do it, we just don't talk about things like this, ever. She needs to know so that I can have someone to come with me, so if my boyfriend really isn't who I think he is I have someone with me. I would really just like her to meet him as well.

So can anyone help me on how to bring this up to her?

Keeping things secret was probably a bad idea
    Try to ease it in to a conversation somehow, or if you can't figure out how to do that, it may be time to pull your mom aside one day and tell her that you've been in a relationship with this guy. When I told my mom she was pretty supportive of it, and I didn't have anything to worry about
    Just be confident!

Comment

yeah, it was a bad idea.
      I hope my mom reacts like yours does, my dad will just tell me boys are stupid lol.
      Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
      X