K1 Visa - UK moving to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K1 Visa - UK moving to US

Hi, i live in London & want to move to the US to be with my SO.
    Does anyone know how long we would have to be together / have met in person to apply for a visa? We want to get married by the end of this year too. Is there any age requirement for me to marry him? (want to marry in the US).
    Hes also in the army so him supporting us both financially will be okay, until i get a work permit.

Has anyone applied for a visa before? I think i need the K1 visa but not too sure.. I dont really understand it.

Thank you,
    ♥ Sarah Louiise ♥

Hey

The K1 visa is a non immogrant visa

Check ou this website, it tells you all about the possible visas

https://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...00082ca60aRCRD

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleLove View Post
      Hey

The K1 visa is a non immogrant visa

Check ou this website, it tells you all about the possible visas

https://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...00082ca60aRCRD

Thank you..
      "You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition." - My mum said this means we have to meet then 2years later apply & my friend said it means we would have to meet between Jan 2009 & now.
      We met in October & will see each other again in a few weeks. Can someone explain exactly what this means? Thank you
      ♥ Sarah Louiise ♥

Comment

Nope...it means you have to have SEEN each other physically within the last 2 years. They should choose another word than met because it confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
          Nope...it means you have to have SEEN each other physically within the last 2 years. They should choose another word than met because it confuses people.
          So us meeting in October will be okay?.. Oh, i hate this visa hassle
          ♥ Sarah Louiise ♥

Comment

Probably. But honestly, I would recommend the IR or CR visa....well, in case you guys want to get married before you move over. Are you planning on gtting married while you are over there? Then do the K1....if you decide on getting married BEFORE you apply to all of those visa thingies, do the IR/CR

Comment

I highly recommend using visajourney as well. They're extremely helpful there.

The seen each other means your October would be fine, yes.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Thank you to everyone that replied <3
                ♥ Sarah Louiise ♥

Comment

Working...
                X