Schegen Visa-The fears!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schegen Visa-The fears!

After talk about it several time, and honestly first thought that he was joking... next month ill do the whole paper works for the visa. We decide it will be May 2011. Since there will be no more snow-- i cant handle cold very well as i live in tropical country for whole my life. He thinks also it will be a good experience for us to spent summer in Europe. So its all set.. we made this as our goal for 2011.

I had to renew my passport, it will be expired in November 2011. I will leave my country in May so.. its bit too close with the expiration date. Next month is passport month and March will be the Visa month.

I got horrified seriously. I read the news about how difficult to get Schegen visa for Indonesian. My SO kept giving me support, and said it will be all right... but i feel very nervous and afraid that my visa will not approved.

First reason is because the financial reports stuff.... some said even if my SO already made letter of support and say that he will provide accommodation etc. not only once i read the stories where they got rejected even though they had the support letter it freaks me out.

Second reason is... i only travel within SE Asia, Hongkong and Macau is the furthest place i ever travel to. No western countries yet... and Schegen visa would be the first visa for me.

I could collect all the papers including letter from my boss explaining about my job also my salary and length of vacation (hehe i am the secretary) its just scary to think they gave me the letter say sorry your visa application rejected. Humm haha i hate that hehe

I know i shouldn't quit before even try... i know i miss him a lot but oh gosh.. is there anyone here from SE Asia and try for Schegen visa and approved?

I hope everything will be ok, and i will laugh about this "fear" when i am on my flight to Frankfurt next May... i hope i could haha feel at ease!! i think i really want to met him soooo much that i feel so afraid this "dream" will end!!

Sorry you're feeling so stressed about this. I am not from SE Asia but I do have a Schengen Visa. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do except get your paperwork together the best you can and pray for the best. It really is a decision that is out of your hands. I know that is scary but try not to worry about it so much since worrying about it won't make you get approved!
    Relax and have faith. Things will work out.

Comment

I don't have one, and I'm sorry I don't have any words. I just want you to know that although people say stuff like this, just remember that most people get rejected for visas because they don't have enough documentation. Document EVERYTHING. Since Schengen visa is for visiting, make sure you have lots of proof of your ties back home. Don't let emotion go into this - keep yourself very calm and analytical. If you have any way you can find a visa support group for others who've done these visas, go to them and talk. talk and ask questions and talk some more.

And we're here for hugs. *hugs*

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
        Sorry you're feeling so stressed about this. I am not from SE Asia but I do have a Schengen Visa. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do except get your paperwork together the best you can and pray for the best. It really is a decision that is out of your hands. I know that is scary but try not to worry about it so much since worrying about it won't make you get approved!
        Relax and have faith. Things will work out.
        Yes, i know.. its out of my hands... i will try to be more positive, as i know this is what i want... and well.. he did what ever he could too.. so i hope i could stay strong for what ever the result.. haha if its rejected.. i will do it again tho (we had to book the flight ticket and attach it as supported documents!) i dont want to waste the flights haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
          I don't have one, and I'm sorry I don't have any words. I just want you to know that although people say stuff like this, just remember that most people get rejected for visas because they don't have enough documentation. Document EVERYTHING. Since Schengen visa is for visiting, make sure you have lots of proof of your ties back home. Don't let emotion go into this - keep yourself very calm and analytical. If you have any way you can find a visa support group for others who've done these visas, go to them and talk. talk and ask questions and talk some more.

And we're here for hugs. *hugs*
          Awww!! thank you for the hugs! seriously need it!

Yes there will be like very thick supporting documents i need to attach. Including those to prove that i do really know my SO. Its a little bit different maybe for people from Indonesia ...well maybe because some misused it for bad thing like went there on tourist visa but end up as illegal immigrants.

So i will need print out of my mails and some of our chat archives. Yes.. i will need documents that also proving i will be back to Indonesia. Thats why need tons of papers from my office too.

And just found out today how specific what they call "bio metric picture" like exact size. Wow... haha.. i thought i could go to a photo studio and ask for "passport" size picture. Also had to attach an itinerary from day 1 until i went back-list of countries i will visit (oh my!) another thing is i had to have health insurance that worth 30.000 euros!

I think i had to be precise in all thing and i hope i got all the papers that made them sure i will go back home! just there for vacation only. I will collect and finish all documents

I feel down after all of the effort to get all these papers collected... and saw the final result as "rejected"... haha thats why i feel scared or.... haha maybe will be upset! its not easy thing, but.... i guess i will try to be more positive, just think this is for me and my SO! just another small step!

Thanks for the advise/tips about being calm.. i will remember that! (also for the hugs!)

Comment

I feel you on the insurance. For my year-long journey to Australia, I have to buy my own health insurance because Australia won't do a reciprocal agreement with the US, and I whined a bit - that's $750-$1000 I could be using to settle into the country. It's funny because you'd think with the US and Australia both being industrialized countries that it'd be easy for me to move over, right? Well, because, I'm from the US, I can't apply for most work or student visas from within Australia, which I think is a load of bullshit.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I am not from Asia but I got Shengen when I was in Russia and it was not that hard. I mean I understand that visa process is always painful and makes people nervous, but do not worry - you are going to visit and you will get your visa. It is much harder to get a travel visa (or any other kind actually) to come to the USA, believe me. You will be fine I have no doubts

Comment

My girlfriend is colombian, she applied twice for the Schengen Visa and she got it twice...
                What they are principaly looking is money and they want a strong proof that you won't overstay in Schengen.
                So my girlfriend, with the help of her parents put a quite big amount of money on her account to have good bank statements, and she bought the return ticket and put it with the papers. At least if you don't buy it, go through an agency, they can give you a "reservation ticket". Like you reserve your ticket, but you don't pay directly... I don't know if you understood

I know how stressful it is to wait for the answer, I wish you all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
                  I feel you on the insurance. For my year-long journey to Australia, I have to buy my own health insurance because Australia won't do a reciprocal agreement with the US, and I whined a bit - that's $750-$1000 I could be using to settle into the country. It's funny because you'd think with the US and Australia both being industrialized countries that it'd be easy for me to move over, right? Well, because, I'm from the US, I can't apply for most work or student visas from within Australia, which I think is a load of bullshit.
                  Thanks for that.. hahah.. i thought they've been thought only because i am from thirld world country.. I am very lucky my SO helps a lot. If i can't get the paper like those insurance which will be impossible for me to fulfill, he will help out!

I do say over and over hehe "if only i had USA or Canadian passport ..things will be different" hahahah! my boss are from Canada and Australia, once i had American. So i know the bureaucracy for them to travel back and forward. But yeah.... its all on the company not their personal acc. (all they know they got a plane ticket back and forward).

But i think its just the way it was... maybe its just a test to see how much i really want to see him. Its really worth the hassle.. i know we will have great time, i miss him like crazy (last time see him at Nov 1st) May will be the 6th months... gosh! like forever! i think i'll do my best to get the visa!

But really.. haha thanks for the info.. haha before i thought..gezzzz unfair! why i am the only one who face this problem here (i read some of the post in here... its so easy to meet the SO).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tissa View Post
                    I am not from Asia but I got Shengen when I was in Russia and it was not that hard. I mean I understand that visa process is always painful and makes people nervous, but do not worry - you are going to visit and you will get your visa. It is much harder to get a travel visa (or any other kind actually) to come to the USA, believe me. You will be fine I have no doubts
                    Thank you for the support! i need this.. welll yeah i heard about USA Visa, more night mares with the interviews.. well Germany visa do had the interview but they check the documents more than USA. But i don't know.. i think it depends on every people luck. Thanks again for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by Cucaratcha View Post
                      My girlfriend is colombian, she applied twice for the Schengen Visa and she got it twice...
                      What they are principaly looking is money and they want a strong proof that you won't overstay in Schengen.
                      So my girlfriend, with the help of her parents put a quite big amount of money on her account to have good bank statements, and she bought the return ticket and put it with the papers. At least if you don't buy it, go through an agency, they can give you a "reservation ticket". Like you reserve your ticket, but you don't pay directly... I don't know if you understood

I know how stressful it is to wait for the answer, I wish you all the best.
                      Thanks for the tips one the flight tickets.. yeah i think that will do, just reserve the ticket like you pay sum of/maybe half of the price and then got the print out.. i did that sometimes when i use the travel agents hehe good one!

Comment

Working...
                      X